Pushing Images with Pushover 3.0

No I don’t get a custom component message like that. I know I should because I have 2 other custom components that do that. I created the pushover.py file by coping and pasting the text into a .py file into Notepad++. I am on 0.86.2 currently. I am using a docker for my Home Assistant.

I’m running in a python virtual environment under a dedicated user account, so pulled the file down with curl and then adjusted the permissions.
It might be worth recreating your pushover.py file in case the copy)paste went awry.

I tried downloading the .zip file and moving the .py file into custom_components folder and the same thing happens.

Have you checked user permissions and file properties correct for your environment?

Yes I made sure the permissions and file properties were correct.

Well I’m afraid I have no more suggestions then.

I’ve been using the custom component since early November last year without any issues (keeping pace with HomeAssistant releases), eg.:

action:
- service: notify.pushover
data:
title: “House Security Alert”
data:
priority: 1
timestamp: true
file:
url: http://192.168.1.224:80/live/1/jpeg.jpg
authentication: basic
username: !secret garagecam_usr
password: !secret garagecam_pwd

Are you using a docker for Home Assistant or something else?

TazUk
I’m running in a python virtual environment under a dedicated user account,

fwiw, i’ve been using this custom component in hass (on docker) for a very long time now, had no issues either.

I don’t know what I did different this time but I tried the whole process again and it works now. I am puzzled but not going to complain. Anyways thanks for the help.

2 Likes

same issue here. just wondering if you’ve got it working?

ok, using url (http://) does not work and using path with local folder worked for me.

I think I used a local folder in the end as well. But I’ll double check tomorrow …

EDIT: Yes, I am also going the camera.snapshot to local folder route. Works perfect and this way you even have a local copy of the last snapshot.

with 0.88, things have changed a little: I had to rename the file to notify.py and save it under custom_components/pushover/

1 Like

Are you getting an error in your logs on the notify component? What does your pushover configuration.yaml look like? Here’s the error I’m seeing:

Your configuration contains extra keys that the platform does not support.
Please remove [name].  (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 142). 

Here is my config:

notify:
  - name: pushover
    platform: pushover
    api_key: !secret pushover_api_key
    user_key: !secret pushover_user_key
1 Like

I have exactly the same problem with 0:88 HASSIO

I get the exact same thing in 0.88

hm, based upon the docs for notify, maybe something needs to be updated w/in the code for pushover - they removed the name param. https://www.home-assistant.io/components/notify/

I do see the message too however the notification is still working. (after I changed the component file structure)

the name is optional but still valid at the moment. where do you see that it has been removed?