Pushing the state of when an automation or even was last triggered to give relative time

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out how to add into my existing Node-Red automation a way to send me how long it has been between two sates in minutes and seconds. It is for tracking a washing machine and I would like it to publish how long it takes to complete the cycle. This would be preferably between when the status changes from Cleaning to Wash Cycle Complete

Not sure where to begin. I had this semi-working in yaml automation but stopped working a few updates ago so now trying to port it here.

Try this node?

That definitely seems to be the node I want thanks.

Is there anyway to combine the messages from two nodes into one? In this case, the notification of the wash done with the time?

One of the default nodes is ‘join’, if you search the community nodes there’s a few different ‘merge’ ones

Thanks. Maybe i’m having problems with my join node; but I did find an example you did but when I try and look at the example this is what the join node looks like (ignore the one above; example that I used to figure out interval timer):