Put Automations & Scripts in Folders/Groups

+1

Started using HA one month ago, but this is indeed one of the things I would like to see implemented.

Been wanting this for years. I came here from an ISY which has exactly that…folders you can group automations in. You could also say this folder’s automations are disabled if you had for example holiday lights or notifications you wanted to pause for a season or an hour while you’re in a meeting.

Very much desired for home assistant.
Folders, groups either way that functionality of not only sorting, but treating the groups differently would be awesome.

+1 from me too

+1 from me as well. Something to organize the automations/scripts/etc would be seriously nice as my list has been growing quite a bit now :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1
can’t wait!

1 Like

Grouping is what I’m missing everywhere! Also in device / entitiy lists – grouping everywhere! Big yes!

2 Likes

For those that use this method of organizational method, It is nice, but you take the UI aspect of building automatons… This method was suggested to me and works like a charm… Thought I would add it to those interested… in the config/configuration.yaml file…

default_config:
automation ui-automation: !include automations.yaml
automation: !include_dir_list include/automations
script ui-script: !include scripts.yaml
script: !include_dir_named include/scripts

In my configuration, all of my !include folders are in the folder config/include
This allows me to have all my yaml chunks in files that can be easily organized in sub directories.

Here is the remaining if my organization in /config/configuration.yaml file:

binary_sensor: !include_dir_merge_list include/binary_sensors/
light: !include_dir_merge_list include/lights/
sensor: !include_dir_merge_list include/sensors/
switch: !include_dir_merge_list include/switches/
zone: !include_dir_merge_list include/zones/
group: !include_dir_merge_named include/groups/
input_number: !include_dir_merge_named include/input_numbers/
input_text: !include_dir_merge_named include/input_texts/
notify: !include_dir_merge_list include/notify
scene: !include_dir_merge_named include/scenes
recorder: !include include/history.yaml

Does this help?

Has there been any update on this?

I think the official line is that its available, see here:

However, I think the current functionality is seriously lacking, as I would like to filter by Type (Light, AC, etc…). So for example adding custom labels and filtering by them would be a HUGE improvement. Current situation is way too disorganized for me.

3 Likes