PV / Solar Excess Optimizer: Auto-control appliances (wallbox, dish washer, heatpump, ...) based on excess solar power

now I figured out the same issue for my installation. SQLite tells me “165283 of pyscript_running” raising every few seconds.

added now following lines to the config.yaml:

recorder:
  exclude:
    domains:
      - device_tracker
      - media_player
      - uptime
      - time_date
      - worldclock
    event_types:
      - pyscript_running

let’s see if it helps.

Hi, thanks for this great blueprint!

I am pretty new to HA in general but learning a lot every day.

I have been looking for a solution all day googling and in this thread:

How can I prevent the automation from turning off an entity that I manually turned on despite not having PV excess at the moment.

E.g. I have a heater that should use pv excess during the day but I still want to be able to use it on the evening on demand (manually switching it on via dashboard).

Anyone found a solution for that?

For anyone interested: I figured our a solution that works for the moment.

I wrote automations, that deactivate/activate the pv excess automation for that heater based on event triggers (manual activation/deactivation of the heater limited by users)

Now I only need to find another solution for the scheduler entity as the event triggered by it has “user_id: null”

alias: "Helper: Deactivate PV Excess Automation BadOG"
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: call_service
    event_data:
      service_data:
        entity_id: climate.heizung_wc
        hvac_mode: heat
    context:
      user_id:
        - xxx
condition: []
action:
  - action: automation.turn_off
    metadata: {}
    data:
      stop_actions: true
    target:
      label_id: bad
mode: single

try this - logbook entries should also be gone.

logbook:
  exclude:
    domains:
      - pyscript

recorder:
  exclude:
    domains:
      - pyscript

Hi. Thankyou for this Blueprint.

I wanted to get clarification regarding its working when the Solar System is not Exporting Excess Energy. I have yet to get a license for the export. The inverter at present generates Power depending on the load only. Is this aspect accomodated in this automation? How would it know the maximum potential at any given time? The Solcast Forcast is used for batteries only I believe. My system doesnt have batteries coupled yet.

I want to automate my Water heater and some other items. Lets say my normal load lies between 30 - 40 % of the maximum Solar Potential. How would this blueprint approximate the Excess available then ?

Again Thankyou for the effort you have put into this.

This automation is probably the most usefull I know, thanks for developing it!

My question:

is it possible to give the battery charge a low priority? lower than an appliance

Let me explain:
During the day, there are many moments when there is not enough excess power to charge my car, but it could be enough to charge the home battery.
When there is enough excess power to charge my car, the system prefer to charge the battery.

It would be more efficient to prioritize my car over the battery.
Is it possible to do so ??

A complexity is probably due to the fact my inverter automaticaly charge the battery when it detect excess power. But on the other hand, this automation has all the data, and if it start charging the car, the inverter automaticaly stop the battery charge.

Thanks a lot :slightly_smiling_face: