PyChromecast Issue - Netifaces install error

Just noticed chromecast platform error with my 0.48 install (Hassbian)… I get the following error when trying to install pychromecast.

arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -pthread -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-protot                 ypes -g -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -D_FORTIFY_SOU                 RCE=2 -fPIC -DNETIFACES_VERSION=0.10.6 -I/usr/include/python3.4m -c netifaces.c                  -o build/temp.linux-armv7l-3.4/netifaces.o
  cc1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
  Please submit a full bug report,
  with preprocessed source if appropriate.
  See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.9/README.Bugs> for instructions.
  error: command 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc' failed with exit status 1

----------------------------------------
  Failed building wheel for netifaces
  Running setup.py clean for netifaces
Failed to build netifaces

I’ve uninstalled / removed the virtualenv and re installed with the same issue. Also checked RPi fs for corruption, all clean.

Hi, have you been able to solve this?

Hi Tyfoon.

Indeed I have… It turned out that I needed to install and link a newer version of GCC. I was using 4.9 but I think it needed 5. I installed both 5 and 6, and changed the linked gcc/g++ in /usr/bin…

At the same time, I built/installed python 3.6 and updated the python venv to use 3.6…

Think I’m going to give HASS.IO a go now though.

Ouch. I’m a bit if a noob when it comes to linux. Do you think it was only GCC?

Solved: Can't install any dependencies anymore

1 Like

Good to see you got it solved, seems mine was a bit more complicated… I checked python-dev was installed at the time (googling suggested this was the issue)