PyFusionSolarDataRelay: Sends Huawei FusionSolar PV inverter data to Hass / MQTT / InfluxDB and PVOutput

Hey All,

I’d like to spread the word about the PyFusionSolarDataRelay project I created to relay solar production data from Huawei’s FusionSolar public Kiosk API to various destinations including hass.

PyFusionSolarDataRelay can relay solar data to:

The project is intended to run as a docker container, a docker-compose.yaml example is provided.

By the way, there is an option to directly retrieve more detailed data than you can get from the Kiosk API. You can use the inverters Modbus-TCP interface if you have access to it. More details about this in this topic. For me this wasn’t an option as I was dealing with a commercial installation sending data over a cellular connection to Huawei’s Fusionsolar only)

I hope this will help some of you guys to get your solar sensors up and running! :slight_smile:

The source and documentation is available on GitHub

2 Likes

Thanks for making this, it works great. One suggestion for the future is to give the option to use Huawei’s full API for those who have an account. This way you can also get the consumption to upload to pvoutput.

You can check this project for tips on how to access the api GitHub - EnergieID/FusionSolar: Python client for Huawei FusionSolar API

Thanks for the idea, I’ll try and get the electrical installer at work to give me huawei api access some time to get this running.

The Kenter api the project currently supports for commercial grid usage monitoring, has the drawback data comes in up to two days late so this has been on my wishlist recently

Thanks for this it’s just what I’m looking for, I’m guessing this is only for the region01eu5 fusion solar server.
I am in Australia and we have to use the intl server down here.

I pointed to that server in pvconf.py but i get errors about insecure request warnings urllib3
I’m running in portainer on a NAS, not sure if that’s attributing to the issue either.