pyLoad download manager add-on

I created a Home Assistant add-on for the download manager pyLoad.
Maybe someone might find it useful.

It comes with pyload-ng 0.5.0b3.dev81, from the current development branch, as the last release from the stable branch is from 4 years ago. Also i added unrar and p7zip, so you can use the ExtractArchive Plugin.

Hi, not working on my home assistant green (installed on a debian machine)

[2024-03-12 18:02:21] INFO pyload.webui Starting webserver: http://0.0.0.0:8000
[2024-03-12 18:02:21] DEBUG pyload *** pyLoad is up and running ***
Exception in thread Thread-5:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/threading.py”, line 1045, in _bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyload/webui/webserver_thread.py”, line 96, in run
self._run_produc()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyload/webui/webserver_thread.py”, line 66, in _run_produc
self.server.start()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/cheroot/server.py”, line 1849, in start
self.prepare()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/cheroot/server.py”, line 1804, in prepare
raise socket.error(msg)
OSError: No socket could be created – ((‘0.0.0.0’, 8000): [Errno 13] Permission denied)

is there maybe another service running on port 8000?

Pyload ng is running but not working, when I check with docker ps command,the port 8000 is actually used for it but when I’m trying to access to it, that not working

you could try playing arround with the pyload settings, you can find it under /addon_configs/539df76c_pyload-ng/settings/pyload.cfg

by default pyload binds itself to 127.0.0.1:8000, which i changed to 0.0.0.0, because otherwise the gui wasn’t accessible from outside of home assistant. Maybe you find a configuration that works.

Ok thanks, I’m not sure but I think the issue it’s caused because python are installed on my debian machine that run haos, and the owner / group of it it’s root, but I don’t know which user and group are used for haos…

Within the Docker Image pyload is run as root, maybe on your installation that is not allowed. If I find time i could try adding the possibility to change the user id under which the pyload process is run.