Python-jose-cryptodome 1.3.2 has requirement pycryptodome<3.4.0,>=3.3.1, but you'll have pycryptodome 3.6.0 which is incompatible

If you do the fresh hassbian installation that means you already have latest home-assistant and hassbian-scripts.

You don’t need to upgrade hassbian-scripts.

O.k., we’ll see what happens when a new version (0.67.2/0.68) is released…

I forgot to include that while I saw this error, I was able to upgrade and launch HA without issue. I may rebuild my venv though to see if perhaps I mucked up somewhere. Not using Hassbian but rather OpenMediaVault with HA running in a Python3.6 venv.

exactly the same probleme , running on ubuntu systeme with pyton 3.6 venv.
since I upgraded HA on 67.1 version. got this error:
python-jose-cryptodome 1.3.2 has requirement pycryptodome<3.4.0,>=3.3.1, but you’ll have pycryptodome 3.4.11 which is incompatible.

tested 68.0 same error !
only solution is to downgrade to 66.1 version running well

I did get the same error when trying to upgrade 0.67.1 and also has check from ha discord channel that this error has no effect to ha.

From you error the pycryptodome is lower than what need. So you can uninstall and install the latest version back. After you install the lastest version which I did on 0.67.1 then when HA update to 0.68 you still see the error that you have higher version of pycryptodome needed.

I follow from this https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/12675 / also don’t forget to read down the post from Mr.pvizeli

I follows this step
sudo systemctl stop [email protected]
sudo su -s /bin/bash homeassistant
source /srv/homeassistant/bin/activate
pip3 uninstall pycryptodome
pip3 install pycryptodome
exit
sudo systemctl restart [email protected]

Workink now thanks

This is getting better and better:

netdisco 1.2.3 has requirement zeroconf==0.19.1, but you'll have zeroconf 0.20.0 which is incompatible.
python-jose-cryptodome 1.3.2 has requirement pycryptodome<3.4.0,>=3.3.1, but you'll have pycryptodome 3.6.1 which is incompatible.
broadlink 0.9 has requirement pycryptodome==3.4.11, but you'll have pycryptodome 3.6.1 which is incompatible.

That means I need the old and the older version, but not the neweset what you suggested to install (used your codes)

So whats now?

I tried to use everything latest as long as everything still works fine. So pycryptodome is lastest. The uncompatible shows only during some upgrade but as long as my devices still works. I’m ok with such error. I have asked about this in discord channel and they said it is no effect ha.

i had the same issue, try reinstalling python-jose-cryptodome which will install the required older versions of pycryptodome 3.3.1 - pip install python-jose-cryptodome

1 Like

Okay, this is wrong, dont do this, this will wreck Xiaomi Aqara, at least it did for me. :slight_smile:

I didn’t use xiaomi aqara. But I found that with higher version of cryptodome. I cannot upgrade pip due to requirement not match.

I am getting this same error when trying to update to 70.0 in venv. Any solutions to this issue? I have tried to uninstall and reinstall as per here, no luck.

Im having this problem too any fix?

python-jose-cryptodome 1.3.2 has requirement pycryptodome<3.4.0,>=3.3.1, but you'll have pycryptodome 3.6.1 which is incompatible. broadlink 0.9 has requirement pycryptodome==3.4.11, but you'll have pycryptodome 3.6.1 which is incompatible.

I still have the same problem but that because pycryptodome is newer than what needed. You still can upgrade ha and use anyway.

I have two errors!

python-jose-cryptodome 1.3.2 has requirement pycryptodome<3.4.0,>=3.3.1, but you’ll have pycryptodome 3.6.1 which is incompatible.
broadlink 0.9 has requirement pycryptodome==3.4.11, but you’ll have pycryptodome 3.6.1 which is incompatible.

I have these errors as well.
My guess is that there should be a way to downgrade pycryptodome, this is something I haven’t worked out yet.

The other option is that the components depending on pycryptodome need to be updated.

With the error I have not seen any loss in functionality. Not with the broadlink or something else.

In general I do have one issue. I do not know wether this is related. My Z-Wave devices at some point just stop working. Solution to get them back is to stop and start the Z-Wave Network.

Anyone else connecting these two (three)?

I am trying to install the z wave component in version 0.70.1 and I keep getting the errors similar to what is described in this thread:

python-jose-cryptodome 1.3.2 has requirement pycryptodome<3.4.0,>=3.3.1, but you'll have pycryptodome 3.4.11 which is incompatible.

It then prevents me from installing the z wave component.

I tried uninstalling then re-installing pycryptodome per @Sunonline advice above but then I also got the broadlink error above and my broadlink stopped working. I have reinstalled pycryptodome v3.4.11 and my broadlink is back but I still have the original error again.

Has this been resolved in later HA versions? or should I roll back to an earlier version of HA until I get z wave installed then upgrade again? Or is there something else entirely I need to do to fix this?

1 Like

I have been updating to every release till 0.72.1 without problems, but i don’t currently use z-wave

I worked around with this error by first of all uninstalling the current installed version of pycryptodome in this case is pycryptodome==3.4.11 with the command
pip uninstall pycryptodome==3.4.11

Then install any version of pycryptodome between 3.3.1 and 3.4.0 excluding 3.4.0. I chose 3.3.1

pip install pycryptodome==3.3.1

After that python-jose=cryptodome will be installed/ built successfully