Python-jose-cryptodome 1.3.2 has requirement pycryptodome<3.4.0,>=3.3.1, but you'll have pycryptodome 3.6.0 which is incompatible

i had the same issue, try reinstalling python-jose-cryptodome which will install the required older versions of pycryptodome 3.3.1 - pip install python-jose-cryptodome

1 Like

Okay, this is wrong, dont do this, this will wreck Xiaomi Aqara, at least it did for me. :slight_smile:

I didn’t use xiaomi aqara. But I found that with higher version of cryptodome. I cannot upgrade pip due to requirement not match.

I am getting this same error when trying to update to 70.0 in venv. Any solutions to this issue? I have tried to uninstall and reinstall as per here, no luck.

Im having this problem too any fix?

python-jose-cryptodome 1.3.2 has requirement pycryptodome<3.4.0,>=3.3.1, but you'll have pycryptodome 3.6.1 which is incompatible. broadlink 0.9 has requirement pycryptodome==3.4.11, but you'll have pycryptodome 3.6.1 which is incompatible.

I still have the same problem but that because pycryptodome is newer than what needed. You still can upgrade ha and use anyway.

I have two errors!

python-jose-cryptodome 1.3.2 has requirement pycryptodome<3.4.0,>=3.3.1, but you’ll have pycryptodome 3.6.1 which is incompatible.
broadlink 0.9 has requirement pycryptodome==3.4.11, but you’ll have pycryptodome 3.6.1 which is incompatible.

I have these errors as well.
My guess is that there should be a way to downgrade pycryptodome, this is something I haven’t worked out yet.

The other option is that the components depending on pycryptodome need to be updated.

With the error I have not seen any loss in functionality. Not with the broadlink or something else.

In general I do have one issue. I do not know wether this is related. My Z-Wave devices at some point just stop working. Solution to get them back is to stop and start the Z-Wave Network.

Anyone else connecting these two (three)?

I am trying to install the z wave component in version 0.70.1 and I keep getting the errors similar to what is described in this thread:

python-jose-cryptodome 1.3.2 has requirement pycryptodome<3.4.0,>=3.3.1, but you'll have pycryptodome 3.4.11 which is incompatible.

It then prevents me from installing the z wave component.

I tried uninstalling then re-installing pycryptodome per @Sunonline advice above but then I also got the broadlink error above and my broadlink stopped working. I have reinstalled pycryptodome v3.4.11 and my broadlink is back but I still have the original error again.

Has this been resolved in later HA versions? or should I roll back to an earlier version of HA until I get z wave installed then upgrade again? Or is there something else entirely I need to do to fix this?

1 Like

I have been updating to every release till 0.72.1 without problems, but i don’t currently use z-wave

I worked around with this error by first of all uninstalling the current installed version of pycryptodome in this case is pycryptodome==3.4.11 with the command
pip uninstall pycryptodome==3.4.11

Then install any version of pycryptodome between 3.3.1 and 3.4.0 excluding 3.4.0. I chose 3.3.1

pip install pycryptodome==3.3.1

After that python-jose=cryptodome will be installed/ built successfully