Python-openzwave 0.4.4 update

Wondering if this new version is compatible with the current release of HA? I’m running in a python3.5 virtual enviroment and when I tried to update python-openzwave to 0.4.4 i’m getting the following errors. I’ve since rolled back to 0.4.0.35

2018-02-08 20:31:54 ERROR (Thread-5) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package python_openzwave==0.4.0.35: Command "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/bin/python3 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-8ayy16qo/python-openzwave/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-8f5q67n3-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /home/homeassistant/homeassistant/include/site/python3.5/python-openzwave" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-8ayy16qo/python-openzwave/
2018-02-08 20:31:54 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Not initializing zwave because could not install dependency python_openzwave==0.4.0.35
2018-02-08 20:31:54 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for zwave: Could not install all requirements.

I think it’s a bad idea to manually update individual packages between releases.

63 should be out this weekend, upgrade homeassistant when it’s available, whichever version of each package it needs will be installed/upgraded/held as appropriate.

1 Like

Thanks, to be honest I wasn’t 100% sure if it should be manually updated just saw it was out and decided to see what would happen :slight_smile:

If you really want to hack around, stop Home Assistant and edit this file in your venv:
[your venv dir]/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zwave/__init__.py

And change this line:

REQUIREMENTS = ['pydispatcher==2.0.5', 'python_openzwave==0.4.0.35']

To:

REQUIREMENTS = ['pydispatcher==2.0.5', 'python_openzwave==0.4.4']

Then start Home Assistant, and HA will attempt to install python_openzwave 0.4.4. I warn you, however, that this could very well break your Zwave network in a way that there’s no coming back from. Still, it is fun to hack around. :wink:

1 Like

So did it work?

I did the same thing because I needed a newer openzwave.
However, my entity Ids are now completely messed up. It is as if they were re-added.

Did you manage to reuse the “old” config so that the devices would just stay the same in HA?