Python script to check motion on camera

Hello there,
I have a python script that I have used before 3 years ago. based on this thread. I have placed the script into the folder and it appears in my developer tools. My question is how do I pass on arguments to it. Below are what I want to pass. I am using the yaml service data under developer tools. Essentially I want to run my script like this foscam2mqtt.py -N casita -H 192.168.100.100 -p 88 -u admin -w camera pass -M mqtt host -P 1883 -U mqttuser -W mqttpass

def parse_args():
    parser = argparse.ArgumentParser()
    parser.add_argument("-N", "--name", help="foscam camera name")
    parser.add_argument("-H", "--host", help="foscam camera host/ip")
    parser.add_argument("-p", "--port", help="foscam camera port", type=int)
    parser.add_argument("-u", "--username", help="foscam camera username")
    parser.add_argument("-w", "--password", help="foscam camera password")
    parser.add_argument("-M", "--mqtthost", help="mqtt host")
    parser.add_argument("-P", "--mqttport", help="mqtt port", type=int)
    parser.add_argument("-U", "--mqttusername", help="mqtt camera username")
    parser.add_argument("-W", "--mqttpassword", help="mqtt camera password")
    parser.add_argument("-v", "--verbose", action="store_true",
                        help="increase output verbosity")
    return parser.parse_args()

Did you read this post in the thread you linked? It describes what you do verbatim.

Thoroughly. And I used the script three years ago. I am trying to run the script with arguments. Before I did this in the configuration.yaml now I am trying to do it in developer tools. I am not sure how to pass the arguments from the yaml service data in developer tools to the script. I also cannot find documentation on how to run a script with arguments from the config.yaml. And I cannot remember how I did it before.

You can’t. The python script integration is extremely limited.

The script you are trying to run needs to be ran from terminal with command line arguments. Then you access the sensors via MQTT.

Ok so should I use the shell command integration and put in the parameters

shell_command:
  camera_1: foscam2mqtt.py -N casita -H 192.168.100.100 -p 88 -u admin -w camera pass -M mqtt host -P 1883 -U mqttuser -W mqttpass

If you want it to start from HA, yes that is your best option. Otherwise you can write a startup script that executed on boot.

I am running supervised. What was hassio. In a virtual machine. What is the path for the config folder EDIT THIS IS FOUND ON THE INFO PAGE OF THE CONFIGURATION TAB.

The answer to this is found on the info page. However I have it correctly mapped and still nothing.