Qingping Air Monitor Lite Integration

Hi Nikomaxos,
I did you get the token from the device?
Thanks!

Hi Joao,
I’m currently having something stable via this integration
Yes i did get the token via a Mac app in order to make it work locally

It is very stable for the last 3 months

4 Likes

Hi,

Anyone presents to Homekit from HA this integration? Apple devices detect the same values as if the integration were direct from Homekit?

Thanks

Hi everybody,
Someone can tell me if Xiaomi Qinping CGDN1can work as a gateway.
With

It’s been a frustrating experience to get reliable readings from the lite via the Xiaomi integration, but figured out how to integrate it via Homekit into HA and get all the sensors exposed. I

t was a little tricky without an iphone, but I used the qingping app to setup and update the firmware, and then put it back into the initialize mode with a long keypress on top of the device. Then using the qingping app, I told it which wifi network to use, and the password, hit connect, and then put my phone into airplane mode that cut off contact between the App and the air monitor.

Then HA found the device as a homekit device, and I added it using the printed code on the monitor, which for some reason isn’t in the XXX-XX-XXX mode format the integration requires for configuration. Make sure and add the digits this way and it adds just fine. But if you let the qinping app finish initialization, then it won’t add properly as a homekit device. This may work differently on an iphone.

No Xiaomi app, no token nonsense, no yaml edits, etc… It just works.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. I had some trouble connecting it to Homekit directly from an iPhone and decided to connect via the Qingping app first to update the firmware as you mentioned. The firmware went from 3.something to 4.1.6 and after resetting the network settings and following the steps as mentioned here the air monitor is connected to Home Assistant in an easy way.

2 Likes

I am using Xiaomi Miot Auto integration and it just connected to the device locally with the token.
I do find that the temp/humidity readings are a bit off in comparison to like 10 other devices I have around the house
For me steps were:

1. Add Air monitor on MiHome via China Mainland
  2. Open hacked MiHome app in BlueStacks and check the logs to get its token
  3. Use Xiaomi Miot Auto to add the device via hostname/token to get the local data without going via the cloud (I use Singapore server for my vacuum)

Now it supports in Passive BLE monitor integration from 7.5.2 without any additional configuration

3 Likes

I just setup this integration with my Qinping Lite Monitor, and it works with all sensors, including CO2, temp and PMxx.
Make sure to use “Automatic” mode in the Configuration.

Hmm, mine is not working for me that integration. I have two of the larger cleargrass sensors, and they work fine, but the lite’s connect, but no entities are created. The integration says it can’t contact the sensors, but the cleargrass sensors are on the same network,. and I can ping both of the lites from home assistant just fine. The lites are running 4.2.6 firmware.

Any ideas?

A few months ago I had trouble with my Lite monitor too, as it wouldn’t connect any more.
I don’t really remember what fixed it. I re-installed Xiaomi Miot Auto via HACS, reset my Air Monitor a few times and tried to reconnect it. At some point it worked, and I can confirm that all sensors show values in HA, and it seems to be very stable since that re-install.

Is there any way to do the local/ip token route, and then removing it from the Mi Life app so it isn’t sending data externally? I thought once I connected I could do that, but as soon as I delete it from my account, it goes back into pairing mode.

FWIW, I’ve had this device integrated for almost a year now using Homekit. It’s been very stable.

1 Like

When using HomKkit in HA and HomeKit Controller, I am not able anymore to update the firmware of the Air monitor. HomeKit Controller is splitting every single sensor to a separate device.
There is one way to upgrade the firmware of the Air Monitor and that is via the QingPing app.

For now I use the QingPing integration. This integrations makes use of the BLE and not Wifi. This results in connection problems.

Does anybody has a solution for this how to read the Air Monitor sensors via Wifi?

1 Like

I use the Xiaomi Miot Auto integration. You need the devices visible in Tuya app, but works fine without homekit.

How do you pair the monitor into Tuya? It won’t show up in the app during pairing mode.

A very important thing about adding Qingping Air Monitor Lite to Home Assistant using Miot protocol: The device and the Home Assistant server must be in the same network.

Exactly. Same. Network.

I tried very hard to add my Air Monitor Lite using various integrations (native Xiaomi Miio and Xiaomi Miot Auto, and other HACS integrations) and tried adding device using Mi Home cloud password and IP+token without any luck. I have reset the device several times and rebooted it several times too.

I have updated firmware to the latest version using Qingping+ app from Google Play - no luck too (but maybe an upgrade was necessary).

The device worked in Mi Home or Qingping+ but was not available in Home Assistant.
I could ping the device from Home Assistant server, but it has not responded to 32-bytes Initial handshake (“SmartConnect”) packets from Home Assistant server.
I saw those incoming packets on router with device, but device ignored those packets.

But when I connected the device and the Home Assistant server to the same network - the device was recognized using Xiaomi Miot Auto!

Before I tried to connect Air Monitor Lite - I have connected the Roborock S6 vacuum cleaner using native Xiaomi Miio integration, and it works fine with routing between device and Home Assistant server.

Conclusion:
Some devices like the Qingping Air Monitor Lite must be in the same network with the Home Assistant server.

1 Like

I had some difficulty getting this to function properly, as I tried various methods. The mobile application always worked, but Home Assistant had trouble recognizing it. The Qingping integration necessitated Bluetooth and was not very dependable for me. Nevertheless, ever since I switched to HomeKit, everything has been functioning flawlessly! Thank you for your assistance!

I take that back. While it does now stay connected - the integration whole setting up the PM sensors on the first polling - it doesn’t collect afterwards.

I’ve disconnected and reconnected both of my devices and those PM2.5 and PM10 sensors never update.

Both would work with the QingPing app without issue…

Edit: a reboot of HA a few days later seemed to fix the issue for now.

Is there any integration which allows me to turn off the screen, equivalent to the option: “Screen Auto-off During Night” from “Xiaomi Home” phone app ?
I would like to be able to turn off the screen during night from HomeAssistant.