Qingping air quality monitor PM not updating

Hello! I’ve added this AQ monitor as a Homekit device. Unfortunately, neither the Pm2.5 or PM10 readings ever change, it only captures the reading when I first add the device (see below, device added yesterday)

The Temperature, humidity, and Co2 are all updating fine.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot & fix this please? Any help is very much appreciated.

Does the device has an own display? If yes - what PM25 values are displayed? Are they changing?
What kind of integration do you use for the device?

AFAIK HomeKit hasn’t got any provisions so far for PM2.5 and PM10 properties.

Couldn’t you do it the other way round?
I am picking up the Qingping Air Monitor Lite with our Theengs Gateway HA Add-on, giving me all its properties auto discovered in HA

which in turn should then make it possibly for you to pass the compatible ones on to HomeKit to also be visible in Apple Home.

Yes, the display on the device is updating fine. @DigiH thanks for the suggestion, I will try it, but does it require a bluetooth connection? I don’t have that in my HA

I’m afraid yes, it does require bluetooth to pick up the blueooth broadcasts from the Ait Monitor Lite. I suppose with HomeKit you used WiFi.

Do you have any ESP32s by any chance?

Ok, thank you! I don’t, but I could get one, looks good. I currently have a Raspberry pi 3. Pretty new to HA so have integrated my existing Aqara hub directly to HA and haven’t had a need for other zigbee or bluetooth devices yet.

If you use Apple Home, and therefore likely have an iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch, you might also want to look into our newly released version of Theengs Gateway, which now also allows you to use these Apple devices as presence trackers for Home/Away status with an additional security relevant Unlocked property.

I currently have a Raspberry pi 3

Your Pi 3 should have on-board Bluetooth though. So installing the Theengs Gateway HA Add-on and the MQTT integration should allow you to receive Bluetooth directly in HA.

Or if the Pi is in an awkward location for Bluetooth reception, a simple cheap ESP32 with the OpenMQTTGateweay esp32dev-ble-mqtt-undecoded binary from the web install will automatically be picked up by the Theengs Gateway Add-on as well.

Can you help me and explain, how to bring the BT device with TheengsGateway to MQTT?
I see my BT devies are discovered in MQTT Explorer, but how do I get the Qingping Air Monitor Lite into HA as a devicewith values?

I can see the device and entities but there are all without values. Every entity is “unknown”.

Hi @derpuma

If you have Discovery turned on in the Theengs Gateway Add-on configuration, any compatible devices should automatically be discovered and show up under Settings > Devices & Services > MQTT, which means you have to have the MQTT integration installed.

So you do seem to see the discovered devices, especially the Qingping Air Monitor Lite in your case, but the properties are all “unknown”? That would be strange and possibly mean there is an issue with your bluetooth adapter.

I’m still a bit confused as to where exactly your problem starts, during discovery or with the property updates.

Do the MQTT messages from the Qingping not update in MQTT Explorer?