QNAP integration - Not working no Logs about it

I think your host, user name and password are incorrect. Try using the NUT add-on with these settings…

- username: admin
  password: "123456"
  instcmds:
    - all
  actions: []

Since QNAP uses a short password, you’ll also need to adjust the Network UPS Tools config by enabling the i_like_to_be_pwned setting.

sadly no, if i change any of that to a wrong value i get an error that it’s not correct, for example if the password is incorrect i get:

2023-06-23 09:50:14.498 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.components.qnap.sensor] Failed to fetch QNAP stats from the NAS

right now i do not get anything whatsoever. i also do not see a successful connection on the NAS if any of this is wrong, so i am pretty sure that host, username and password are all correct.

also i don’t know what the network ups tools has to do with this? i do not have that installed.

Ah, nuts! I thought you were attempting to monitor a UPS. Disregard my post.

I was having the same issue and may have found the resolution. Also make sure your home assistant user in QNAP is in the administrator group.

1. Check this out – isn’t exactly related but helped me figure out my error was invalid authentication disforw/qnap: Home Assistant QNAP Integration using ConfigFlow (github.com)
    Looks like this is going to get merged to HA core at some point maybe.

2. More important: I am not sure if a firmware update changed this or I did, but there are two things to check for 2FA enforcement:
    a. Make sure the enforce 2SV is disabled for the user in question

b. Make sure the 2SV enforcement is disabled for the “everyone” and “administrators” group (under local groups dropdown) (As well as any other groups the user might be a member of)

c. If 2SV is enabled for your home assistant user, disable it!

Once I did this, it started working again!

Thank you @disforw for the updated component with config flow and unique IDs!!

Hi @JOHLC

Thanks for your post. I can confirm all my settings about 2FA were correct.
I was using the default Qnap integration that comes with HA. I just switched to the custom HACS integration and problem solved. I can now see the status on the NAS on HA.

Thanks for the tip!!
Cheers
Cristian

I tried to install my QNAP in HA and always got an “Unknown Error”. Nothing in the logs of the QNAP.

I didn’t setup the user for home assistant without admin privileges for obvious security reasons. That was obviously the issue. However, the admin user can delegate administrative tasks to other users in the control panel. I have activated the “System Monitoring” there for the home assistant user and now everything works.

Maybe that helps someone stumbling across this thread :wink:

Sorry, just saw this. Were you able to solve it?