Qolsys IQ Panel 2 and 3rd party integration

I got the system to work with the config you posted but it still doesn’t seem to be playing well between appdaemon and MQTT. Whenever I listen it just seems to be blank. This may be a current bug in the mosquitto add on. I’ll keep at it and let you know when I’ve made progress. Thanks again for your help.

Here’s what I suggest:

• Remove the MQTT add-on
  • Reboot your HA device
  • Re-add MQTT
  • Use my MQTT config

Not sure if that’ll help… but it will eliminate the user/pass and any other restrictions that could be getting in your way.

Also, make sure your ports are open for your add-on and you have the right IP address in your appdaemon.yaml.

Are you on hassio? If so, making the ports available for the add on should work.

Seems like I was having similar issues as @dinman until I discovered this ACLs note. addons/DOCS.md at de05c9b09c436491e78abf494ea6ccb988c65b04 · home-assistant/addons · GitHub

I then was getting a socket error until I commented out the qolsys_port: 12345 line.

That seems to have gotten me further along but now I get these errors when starting up AppDaemon. Any idea what could be going wrong?

[Previous line repeated 171 more times]
RecursionError: maximum recursion depth exceeded
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/appdaemon/logging.py", line 140, in emit
    logger.warning("message: %s, args: %s", record.msg, record.args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 1454, in warning
    self._log(WARNING, msg, args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 1585, in _log
    self.handle(record)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 1595, in handle
    self.callHandlers(record)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 1657, in callHandlers
    hdlr.handle(record)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/logging/__init__.py", line 950, in handle
    self.emit(record)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/appdaemon/logging.py", line 164, in emit
    logger.warning(traceback.format_exc())
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/traceback.py", line 167, in format_exc
    return "".join(format_exception(*sys.exc_info(), limit=limit, chain=chain))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/traceback.py", line 120, in format_exception
    return list(TracebackException(
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/traceback.py", line 493, in __init__
    context = TracebackException(
  [Previous line repeated 173 more times]
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/traceback.py", line 508, in __init__
    self.stack = StackSummary.extract(
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/traceback.py", line 336, in extract
    limit = getattr(sys, 'tracebacklimit', None)
RecursionError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object
2021-04-30 15:24:52.974400 WARNING AppDaemon: ------------------------------------------------------------
2021-04-30 15:24:52.977732 INFO qolsys_panel: Publishing to: mqtt-states/alarm_control_panel/qolsys/partition1/state, Payload: disarmed
2021-04-30 15:24:52.978387 DEBUG qolsys_panel: call_service: mqtt/publish, {'namespace': 'mqtt', 'topic': 'mqtt-states/alarm_control_panel/qolsys/partition1/state', 'payload': 'disarmed'}
2021-04-30 15:25:13.677474 WARNING HASS: Disconnected from Home Assistant, retrying in 5 seconds

Oh yeah, I had to do this some time ago, too. Thank you for bringing that up here!

Um, no.

These two lines make me think the qolsys app is fine… but I don’t know what happened above it.

The ACL conf files did it for me! I had to role back to an earlier version to undue all the previous tinkering I had done. Started fresh with adding the new ACL conf files. A few upgrades of the add-on versions and now, hallelujah I see all the sensors and can arm and disarm my system! I guess the fun starts here. Thanks for all your help!

@crazeeeyez So now that I’m planning around with the system… when it arms and disarms no problems. My sensors mostly seem to be working well but I was hoping to run some automations off the motion detectors. When I go to activate the motion sensors, the binary sensor reading says clear even though my system shows that it’s been activated. Do you know why it is not changing it’s state?

No… I have no motion sensors. @mzac requested the sensors and I simply pass them through. If you have states that it needs to respond to, we can see about adding them in.

I just realized it did detect them but as very quick events … the alarm system registers the event for 15 minutes but the HA system detects motion as an instantaneous event. I can work with that. Thank you for making this integration! It seems to be working well.

The panel has a built in motion sensor.

Hm either mine doesn’t or it’s not enabled because I don’t get a motion sensor showing up. Wouldn’t matter for me, since I wouldn’t be able to rely on motion where the panel is mounted.

Is it possible to grab the video feed from the panel, or would that be an alarm.com thing?

How do I get it the panel to run an # Arm away with no entry delay and silent… the panel allows the following states:

arm_home — arms home instantly, silent
arm_away – arms home with delay, not silent
arm_night – does nothing
arm_custom_bypass — does nothing

Thanks

Instant arm is supported:

I don’t know what arm_night or arm_custom_bypass should do. Open to suggestions.

It’s not in the APIs I’m aware of. @Smwoodward or @mzac have you seen a way to get to the feeds?

Nope not me, I looked for ‘arm_home’ in the firmware but found no mention of it anywhere, but ‘arm_away’ is there in many of the firmware files.

I would make arm night do arm away … the top two seem to both do arm stay no matter how I configure them, so would be nice to have a functional arm away, preferably with the instant for the arm_night

In apps.yaml setting
qolsys_arm_away_always_instant: True

does not work … HA shows armed but the panel stays disarmed… leave it false, however, and no problem

There is no way to get the feeds through this type of socket setting and I’m not sure what else could get the camera feed.

As for the arming delay, there is an exit delay and entry delay (key is exit_delay and entry_delay respectively) and there is a bypass key also. These keys will be mixed in with the JSON commands sent to the panel to handle the different items.

As for the Arm Night, I haven’t seen that one and I don’t haven’t that one as an option on my panel. I only have arm away and arm stay.