Qolsys IQ Panel 2 and 3rd party integration

Trying to add it but getting this error:

Repostitory structure for 1.1 is not compliant

Same here.

Did you make sure you chose AppDaemon as the custom repo category?

You need to check ā€œEnable AppDaemon apps discovery & trackingā€ in HACS Options integration page.
Then you can add it as a custom repo in the category ā€œAppDaemonā€.

Got it

That worked.

Nice!

I have orderd a new alarm system with this panel, hopefully it will arrive in the comming weeks so that I can try this app.

It works!!! Now to write some sensors in home assistantā€¦

root@pi3:~ # mosquitto_sub -h hassio -u hassio -P <removed> -v -t "qolsys/#"
qolsys/panel/zone_event {"event":"ZONE_EVENT","zone_event_type":"ZONE_ACTIVE","version":1,"zone":{"status":"Open","zone_id":8},"requestID":"2150deb9-0d21-4381-8b22-64f674497c17"}
qolsys/panel/zone_event {"event":"ZONE_EVENT","zone_event_type":"ZONE_ACTIVE","version":1,"zone":{"status":"Closed","zone_id":8},"requestID":"2829aee0-52a3-447b-ba23-b965611d854f"}

If you use mqtt doesnā€™t this automatically create the sensors?

Thank you @Atliant!

yes. @mzac did you disable mqtt discovery?

Yep it did, but it didnā€™t create all of them. Only the door sensors showed up. Here are others I have that didnā€™t show up:

{
    "id": "xxx",
    "type": "GlassBreak",
    "name": "Kitchen Glass Break",
    "group": "glassbreak",
    "status": "Closed",
    "state": "0",
    "zone_id": 4,
    "zone_physical_type": 12,
    "zone_alarm_type": 0,
    "zone_type": 19,
    "partition_id": 0
},
{
    "type": "SmokeDetector",
    "name": "Basement Smoke Detector",
    "group": "smoke_heat",
    "zone_id": 5,
    "zone_physical_type": 9,
    "zone_alarm_type": 9,
    "zone_type": 5,
},
{
    "type": "Motion",
    "name": "Upstairs Motion Detector",
    "group": "awayinstantmotion",
    "zone_id": 8,
    "zone_physical_type": 2,
    "zone_alarm_type": 3,
    "zone_type": 2,
},
{
    "type": "Water",
    "name": "Water",
    "group": "WaterSensor",
    "zone_id": 14,
    "zone_physical_type": 8,
    "zone_alarm_type": 0,
    "zone_type": 15,
},

Added sensor types in v1.2 (see Other zone types Ā· Issue #2 Ā· roopesh/ad-qolsys Ā· GitHub)

I still havenā€™t even gotten mine to work yet. lol Might be because I donā€™t know much about mqtt

Do you have an MQTT broker already? If not, the Add-on works fine.

Well thatā€™s a good sign, I got a topic for the appdaemon now. lol

So I am seeing this in the logs of appdeamon.

2021-04-08 16:21:10.413824 WARNING qolsys_panel: ------------------------------------------------------------

2021-04-08 16:21:10.414829 WARNING qolsys_panel: Unexpected error in worker for App qolsys_panel:

2021-04-08 16:21:10.415818 WARNING qolsys_panel: Worker Ags: {'id': '3216028e7f9b4f6dba70de4de7d53770', 'name': 'qolsys_panel', 'objectid': 'b3fa10c4654445349b5f93e1ba192a93', 'type': 'event', 'event': 'MQTT_MESSAGE', 'function': <bound method MQTTSubscriber.mqtt_zone_event_event_received of <qolsys_requests.MQTTSubscriber object at 0x7faf35be20>>, 'data': {'topic': 'qolsys/panel/zone_event', 'wildcard': '#', 'payload': ''}, 'pin_app': True, 'pin_thread': 0, 'kwargs': {'topic': 'qolsys/panel/zone_event', '__thread_id': 'thread-0'}}

2021-04-08 16:21:10.416637 WARNING qolsys_panel: ------------------------------------------------------------

2021-04-08 16:21:10.417801 WARNING qolsys_panel: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/appdaemon/threading.py", line 936, in worker

funcref(args["event"], data, self.AD.events.sanitize_event_kwargs(app, args["kwargs"]))

File "/config/appdaemon/apps/ad-qolsys/qolsys_requests.py", line 57, in mqtt_zone_event_event_received

self.mqtt_zone_update_event_received(event_name, data, kwargs)

File "/config/appdaemon/apps/ad-qolsys/qolsys_requests.py", line 29, in mqtt_zone_update_event_received

zone = payload_json["zone"]

KeyError: 'zone'

2021-04-08 16:21:10.418659 WARNING qolsys_panel: ------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have mqtt configured? Are all the topics discreet?

I do have mqtt configured. The zigbee2mqtt and zwavejs2mqtt are showing up.

What do you mean discrete?

Can you post the config from apps.yaml?

Anyone using this in the UK ? (or EU)

Iā€™m interested in if the panels are locked to an LTE carrier - they seem to be sold as AT&T Verizon etc. Would like it to work with a UK carrier obviously.

I have the AppDaemon integration running but no panel yet! Should it publish anything to MQTT in that scenario (I see the socket fail) - perhaps an LWT messageā€¦