Qolsys iq4 integration help please!

Oh, then yes, that is normal. If your notifications are set to send any state change, then you’ll get flooded. When AppDaemon starts up, the states for everything will briefly go to unavailable and then update to the correct state.

Ok, that makes sense thank you. Do you use zwave ? if you do what usb dongle are you using?

The Zooz ZST10

I’m still using my homeseer g3, I think is made by silicon labs for them. Just got new zooz ZST39LR not sure if that was right choice since its a 800 series. probably should went with something like your 700 series. I dont want to redo my entire network and I’m having hard time restoring from back up

Yep. Just was reading the GitHub issue around NVM restore not working for the 800 series chip yet.

Hi

I’m trying to set this up but have HA setup up in a container environment. I have a MQTT broker and app daemon setup\s in seperate containers. The broker can be entered into the MQTT config in HA and it sees it. I copied over the qolsysgw folder from the HA container to the appdaemon container config folder over but it doesn’t ever see qolsysgw in the appdaemon gui which in turn makes the overall solution work.

Does anybody have any suggestions or guidance?

Thank you!

Disregard the above, I set it all up in it’s own VM and it’s working great!

@FriedCheese thanks for providing this. The other page was confusing but this one helped a lot. However, I am only 95% of the way there. Could you help with the last bit?

It seems after doing all this I am still not getting any entities to appear. When I open the appdaemon web UI it says “terminated” for QolsysGateway. 0 callbacks.

Some things to check.

Check the AppDaemon add-on logs to see if there are any errors. Doublecheck that everything is enabled on the panel. Reboot the panel.

Appdaemon log says “no data available.” The panel enables control 4 and then 10 minutes later disables it. I called technical support and they said it may be timing out because nothing connects to it. Is there a way to actually get home assistant and the panel to sync? I rebooted the panel several times and also home assistant.

@FriedCheese I more than likely am not fully understanding something to do with either the client host/client port, or the panel host etc. What exactly do I have to enter for the client host and client port? How do I find the client host? I copied and pasted your coding but maybe mine is wrong. Your instructions said something about host IP address. This is what I have in my (addon_configs/_appdaemon/appdaemon.yaml.) file. Should it be different in any way?

MQTT:
      type: mqtt
      namespace: mqtt
      client_host: core-mosquitto
      client_port: 1883
      client_user: UUUUUUU
      client_password: XXXXXXXXXX

Where, of course, UUUUUU = my username and XXXXXX is my password.

Maybe this will help:

The section you’re configuring above is to tell AppDaemon how to connect and forward the information from the panel to the MQTT Broker. So the client/host you have are correct.

Back to the logs…you should definitely have any logs for AppDaemon. Are you sure the add-on is running?

@FriedCheese oh sorry I thought you meant in the appdaemon UI there is a tab that says “logs” and it is blank. If I go into the appdaemon add on I DO have errors. Here is what I am seeing:

aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientResponseError: 502, message=‘Bad Gateway’, url=URL(‘http://supervisor/core/api/services’)

I also am getting some interesting lines that aren’t errors but probably important:

2024-03-13 21:24:19.846651 INFO AppDaemon: Terminating hello_world
2024-03-13 21:24:19.847988 INFO AppDaemon: Terminating qolsys_panel

2024-03-13 21:24:19.861938 INFO AppDaemon: Loading app qolsys_panel using class QolsysGateway from module gateway
2024-03-13 21:24:19.862430 WARNING AppDaemon: Unable to find module module gateway - ‘qolsys_panel’ is not loaded
2024-03-13 21:24:19.863673 INFO AppDaemon: Calling initialize() for hello_world
2024-03-13 21:24:19.868724 INFO hello_world: Hello from AppDaemon
2024-03-13 21:24:19.871068 INFO hello_world: You are now ready to run Apps!
2024-03-13 21:24:19.872980 WARNING AppDaemon: Unable to find module qolsys_panel - initialize() skipped

2024-03-13 21:29:06.136362 INFO AppDaemon: Loading app qolsys_panel using class QolsysGateway from module gateway
2024-03-13 21:29:06.136606 WARNING AppDaemon: Unable to find module module gateway - ‘qolsys_panel’ is not loaded

It says this several times.

And you have the apps.yaml for AppDaemon updated?

qolsys_panel:
  module: gateway
  class: QolsysGateway
  panel_host: 
  panel_token: 
  panel_mac: 
  panel_user_code: 
  arm_away_exit_delay: 
  arm_stay_exit_delay: 
  arm_away_bypass: true
  arm_stay_bypass: true

---
hello_world:
  module: hello
  class: HelloWorld
qolsys_panel:
  module: gateway
  class: QolsysGateway
  panel_host: xxxxxxxx (IP address)
  panel_token: xxxxxxx (token)

This is all I have in the whole apps.yaml file. @FriedCheese

To be clear this is in my apps.yaml file. Not the appdaemon.yaml.

And you have a qolsysgw folder under /homeassistant/appdaemon/apps/?

Yes I have that qolsysgw folder in that file.

Was I supposed to have more in the apps.yaml file?

I don’t think so. I’m not sure what the issue is.

Can you post or send your entire AppDaemon.yaml?

@FriedCheese I messaged it to you