Qubino SmartPlug stops accumulated measuring once reached 429.4 kWh

I have several Qubino 16A smartplugs installed. They all stops measuring accumulated usage once reaching 429.4 kWh. They still shows the current (W) usage tho. The only way for me to get them started again is to do a factory reset and readd them to HA. Has anyone else had this issue and been able to solve it?

1 Like

I can tell you later this year :slight_smile: I have some, but the most used one is now at 178 kWh…

I would contact Qubino support and ask about that.

Instead of factory resetting, try and use the zwave_js.reset_meter service call first. If the device supports meter resets, that will reset the values back to 0.

That’s 2^32 with a precision of 0.0001Wh — the internal counter is reaching its maximum value. There’s nothing in the user manual that gives any indication how to reset this.

Perhaps you need to get HA to measure the energy used and ignore the value from the plug. However, this number will also grow without bounds: how long are you wanting to record it for?

I created a support ticket at Qubino. Got a reply after 10 minutes that this issue was fixed in a newer firmware. Got a link to the Silicon Labs software that I could use to do a OTA, and also was the new firmware atttached.
Will try an update as soon as possible.

can you tell us, which firmware are you running now and which they did send? So we can determine, if we have this problem too… :wink:

I was running 41.06 the new one is 41.10

For anyone, who may be interested.

Now HA ZwaveJS supports OTA updates, I just successfully updated my Qubino 16A plugs directly from HA 41.06 → 41.10.

Nice!

I can confirm this behavior. Mine is at 472 KWh after making a sudden 30KWh jump. Voltage and power consumption are updating every few seconds.

This article came just in time. I already replaced the Qubino for a Fibaro, but I guess I will give it another use after resetting the counters.

The OTA option seems like a lot of work, opening a support ticket but I want to try that though.

Thanks!

The OTA works quiet fine.

Here is the correct guide for ZwaveJS integration (not MQTT):

• Home Assistant
• Device’s & Services
• ZwaveJS devices overview
• Select your device
• If alternative name was given, copy and save the name on clipboard (needed later after re-adding the device, so automations will not be broken)
• Three dots – device firmware update
• Select the firmware file
• Firmware target select 0
• Wait until job is done
• Exclude the device
• Factory reset the device
• Include it again
• If alternative name was given before, change it with copy of clipboard
• Done, device is back, updated and works as before, only counters and custom settings are reset

If you want to obtain the file from Qubino company directly, open that ticket. Mine was closed in three days to my satisfaction.

It was the ‘contact support’ that’s usually too much effort for me, but I did open a ticket last friday evening and this morning I received an e-mail with the OTA firmware file. Very quick indeed!

The Smart Plug has been updated to version 41.10 and after re-interviewing the device, it communicates with HA again. The KWh counter is now at -2.889,4 kWh so I will have to exclude and reset the device (planned to anyway).

1 Like

Got same issue here. Stuck at 429,4 kwh.

Can you provide the firmware as a download here? thanks!

no, we can’t. You have to contact Qubino as stated above. They are very helpful.

Just a heads-up, I bought some new ones from Amazon (not marketplace) lately, and they were already shipped with the new firmware.