Question about Matter changes in 2024.4x, Duplicates, and other bits

Hi all - I was reading the release notes for the latest update and it mentions making Matter integrations easier - specifically - for adding devices that are already part of another integration (ie. HomeKit, Google, etc) or as Matter devices.

As I’m new here and only in the tinkering (while I get a spare nanosecond) phase - I’ve quickly realised the error of my ways when adding in hubs as Matter devices which are already integrated through things like HomeKit. Lots and lots of duplicates.

Does this new release help in any way here, or is it intended to do so? Ie. Does this insinuate that HA might get to a point where it will know that Device X is both available via the HomeKit integration and via a Matter hub?

Or, am I just being daft, and I should go back to picking either HomeKit or Matter and not both.

I don’t think it matters (see what I did there, :smiley: I crack myself up,) but for context, the bulk of my devices (so far) are Aqara and are connected to an M1S Pro or an M2, depending on the locale.