Question about updating firmware of shelly switch and sonoff switch in home assistant

I have shelly switch and I have the sonoff pow r2 switch. I want to add an option for my home assistant to notifty me about update of the firmware of the switches. Is there an option to do so in home assistant? How can I do it?

Not sure for your specific options but I use this for my Sonoff switches with Tasmota…

sensor:
# Tasmota Firmware
# Getting Firmware from JSON for Tasmota
  - platform: rest
    resource: https://api.github.com/repos/arendst/Sonoff-Tasmota/releases/latest
    name: Sonoff Firmware Version Available
    username: !secret githubuser
    password: !secret githubpass
    authentication: basic
    value_template: '{{ value_json.tag_name }}'
    headers:
      Accept: application/vnd.github.v3+json
      Content-Type: application/json
      User-Agent: Home Assistant REST sensor
  - platform: mqtt
    name: "Coffee Maker Firmware"
    state_topic: "sonoff1/stat/STATUS2"
    value_template: 'v{{ value_json.StatusFWR.Version | replace("(sonoff)", "") | replace("(release-sonoff)", "") }}'
    name: "Toothbrush Firmware"
    state_topic: "sonoff2/stat/STATUS2"
    value_template: 'v{{ value_json.StatusFWR.Version | replace("(sonoff)", "") | replace("(release-sonoff)", "") }}'
    name: "Garage Door Firmware"
    state_topic: "sonoff5/stat/STATUS2"
    name: "Alarm Firmware"
    state_topic: "sonoff6/stat/STATUS2"
    name: "Nodemcu Lounge Firmware"
    state_topic: "nodemcu_lounge/stat/STATUS2"
binary_sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      sonoff_update_available:
        value_template: >-
          {{ (states('sensor.sonoff_firmware_version_available') > states('sensor.toothbrush_firmware')) or (states('sensor.sonoff_firmware_version_available') > states('sensor.coffee_maker_firmware')) or (states('sensor.sonoff_firmware_version_available') > states('sensor.garage_door_firmware')) or (states('sensor.sonoff_firmware_version_available') > states('sensor.alarm_firmware'))
              }}

This code I put in the configuration.yaml file?

Yep… you’ll need to mod it for your entity_id’s but yes it’s from config yaml. (In the sensor: section)

what is the sensor: section in the config?

Above the original code I posted you need this:

sensor:

I edited it above as well.

Are you using the stock firmware for the Shelly’s & Sonoff’s?

For shelly I am using the stock firmware. for Sonoff I flashed tasmota because with the stock firmware I can’t use it with home assistant.

Ok I added this code to configurtaion.yaml. now in the main page there are 3 circles in the top of the page: “sonoff update available”, “sonoff firmware version available” , “boiler switch firmware”. in the state topic of the code should I write like you or like I wrote to config the switch? to config the switch I wrote: state_topic: “stat/sonoff/POWER”. Is there a way to check this?

I am using MQTT Discovery which changes the order in the topic so if you don’t use discovery then use stat/sonoff/STATUS2 instead of what I have shown.

Thank you! How can I check if it’s working?