Question regarding DIY chair occupancy sensor

You can still try soldering across the sensor itself.

Forgot about that, but I don’t know where it is :confused: My guess was the little black box thingy but trying to hold the pressure sensors cables on the contacts doesnt do anything

I think I’ll stay on the safe side, if I can’t test this without soldering. Those Z-Wave sensors are expensive compared to the Zigbee ones :smiley:

Isn’t the reed sensor under the QR code, behind the curled antenna?

Mhh looks like it’s not the thing I thought it was but if it’s there then I don’t have a chance with soldering it. If it’s the part I think it is, it’s really small too

@K_White slightly off topic but noticed you were using the Zooz tilt sensor: how did you setup? Are you using zwaveJS? Do you mind sharing which entities were setup to detect motion? I setup and only see movement being detected with the tamper sensor (but when I move the device). It’s very odd. I contacted Zooz but they don’t have HA in house so can’t provide any support :frowning:

I use Z Wave JS to MQTT, but just to be aware the ZSE43 is for a window on a garage door or breaking glass…not an office chair. I was just experimenting with it.

I basically attached it to the back of my office chair, so tilting the chair between upright and leaning back would trigger the open/closed state and my movements in the chair would also detect the tampering (shock) sensor. It adjusts from high, med., and low sensitivities or you can disable either the shock or tilt if that’s wanted. In the configuration parameters.

Like I mentioned in my post, it was eating the battery up to fast and triggering away to much for my liking, so pulled it off.

Thanks - I was planning to use for garage door but can’t get working with zwavejs - looks like maybe the version you’re using is more compatible - I’ll let Zooz know - thx!

1 Like

I’ve returned with new information. After finding out, that the normal version of the Aeotec door/window sensor doesn’t officially support the use of external sensors, I ordered the pro version which does support this.

As you can see in the picture below, I don’t even need to solder anything. I just tried putting the cables in there and switching the config to use the external sensor and voíla it actually works! :smiley: Now I just need to fit the cable in the case and I’m good to go.

It might be possible with the normal version but as I’m not good with this kinda stuff, it’s easier for me to just get the pro version. It’s more expensive but it’s not like I need this kinda thing very often