Questions about new tasmota integration in 0.117.0

You literally did:

incompetence

[inˈkämpədəns]

NOUN

1. inability to do something successfully; ineptitude.

“allegations of professional incompetence”

synonyms:

ineptitude· ineptness· inexpertness ineffectiveness

“Incompetent” is the adjective form.

Regardless of the wordsmithing, ask them directly.

1 Like

So I got this around 12 hours ago… did they pull it after then? I check Docker-hub and I note the json isn’t showing it

https://hub.docker.com/r/homeassistant/intel-nuc-homeassistant/tags

Is that in there now?

Answered my own question. No.

Maybe this will become something in the future. Is it planned to replace the MQTT integration and/or broker? Seems little benefit to adding another cog in the wheel for no reason (or unexplained reasons)

Not yet David.
Since is a new feature can’t be added in BugFix.
Alle the new sensors are scheduled for HA 0.118.

1 Like

I have tested this and scene transitions are not supported which seems weird. My own MQTT template lights for Tasmota support transitions and this is automatically used also for transitions between scenes.

My guess is that the new integration does not really support a configurable transition, rather the transition time is hard coded, but I have not checked that in the code.
If there is some integrest in my Tasmota MQTT Template light integration i am happy to share.

Of course i suggest to implement confgurable transitions also for the new Tasmota integration.

Hey All, new to this forum… Just setup the new beta. Not sure if I missed something obvious, but once all the devices moved out of the MQTT integration and into the Tasmota integration , I lost the ability to actual switch them. I see the entities, but no control?

what happened is that you see the old references to the MQTT devices, whihc are not available any more. The new Tasmota integration devices have a _2 appended, I guess. Remove them all from devices and then restart all the Tasmotas (easy if you use TasmoAdmin). This will make them come back without the _2. Should that not help, go to ./storage and remove the *registry files, remove the Tasmota devices, restart HASS, then restart the Tasmotas.

Today I used the “random” effect on the Tasmota lights and after quite a while they became unresponsive and needed a power cycle. Not sure, but I guess it is a bug in firmware 9.1

I removed all the devices from both MQTT and Tasmota(beta), restarted HASSIO, and restarted all the tasmota devices. it all shows up, but when I try to turn the device on in HA, nothing happens.

HA is reading the status when I switch them from the tasmotaadmin. I cant switch them from HA.

I can only guess, but this is what I would do:
check the actual entity ID of the device in the Configure > Devices > devicename > Entities view, click the switch entity to see the details. Is that the same exact entity ID you used in the Lovelace card to switch it on/off? Go to the “Developer Tools” view, search for the entity ID and click the round “i” / info icon. There should be a toggle switch. Try if that works.

I did that. I also removed another integration that had associated relations to the same devices(unifi) to reduce the clutter for testing. I then removed the Tasmota integration, restarted, re-added. Still not control from the entity. I may go back to MQTT.

You may want to submit a problem report at HASS github.

I think this happened because Tasmota integration starts with devices with fw v9.1 and later:

Tasmota devices flashed with version 9.1, or later.

After you removed HASS integration with SetOption19 0, devices disappeared from MQTT integration and since they weren’t on fw 9.1 or later, they didn’t appear on Tasmota Integration.

Ah thanks, that might explain what happened!

Yeah so I just moved to this Integration all my devices are running 9.2 Firmware and they work fine but after a few hours they all just report “Unavailable” and the only way to get a device appear back in the integration is to restart the Tasmota device.

Anyone got any similar experience or am I just doing something wrong

Hello, I just discovered a similar problem. I have several Tasmota devices, all upgraded to v.9.2.0. I switched all of my integrations from manual MQTT and autodiscovery MQTT to the new Tasmota integration and had no problems until I rebooted my Home Assistant machine, where Mosquitto is also installed. Since then, all my tasmotas appear as unavailable. Only if I restart the tasmota devices do they become available again. Since I migrated to the Tasmota integration, I restarted Home Assistant many times, without any problem. This was the first time, however, that I rebooted the machine itself, also restarting Mosquitto. Anyone have any ideas as to what I’m doing wrong?