Questions for NUC Users

I had a similar issue running my Debian version with a desktop. I wanted to run Kodi on my NUC and it wouldn’t run unless there was a monitor plugged in so I just bought a “dummy” HDMI dongle for a few bucks on Amazon. It works great.

1 Like

I was just trying to SSH into the NUC itself which is running Ubuntu 18.04, so I don’t have an SSH add-on for home assistant.

Is the ssh server started?

ps aux |grep sshd

What user and password are you using.

2 Likes

Regarding the vnc monitor issue… maybe do this:
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1297815

I was trying to login as root and an incorrect username. Once I added the correct username to AllowUsers in the sshd_config file everything was up and running. Yay!

Generally ubuntu does not have a root password, root logins are not allowed. Anything requiring root permissions is accessed via sudo.

By default the user you set up on installation is allowed full sudo access.

1 Like

The caveat to this being if you did set a root password, sudoers isn’t installed which really sucks when you don’t know what you are doing…

1 Like

Only on Debian. This doesn’t happen on Ubuntu, which is the OS they are running.

3 Likes

Hi,
I also have a NUC, but I’m using the Home Assistant Operating System (HAOS). My problem is that when I disable the WiFi and Bluetooth in the BIOS configuration, the Ethernet port is also disabled and the HAOS doesn’t start. Could anybody try this and share their results? What could be the problem?

I disabled wifi, but left Bluetooth enabled on my nuc. Works fine.

What CPU do you have? Could you try to disable Bluetooth too? (Only temporaly for test it)

N5105, and no, I’m using Bluetooth.

Fixed by reinstalling HAOS and restoring a full backup.