Quick documentation for Hassbian

What is the config_path for z-wave on the Hassbian install, please?

If installed with the script you won’t need to specify a config_path since there’s a symlink to where HA looks for the config.

My zwave config looks like this.

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
1 Like

Im new to HA and automation, just getting started.
I have Aeon Labs Z-stick gen5 USB-adapter
And iam trying to get it to work with my Fibaro zwave switch.

I have installed hassbian on RPI3
I have run the sudo ./hassbian-scripts/install_openzwave.sh witch took a while and encounter some errors during installation process.

And after that i put

zwave:
usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0

in the configuration.yaml file
and now i cant access http://mylocalip:8123/
If i remove those lines everything work as normal. (have setup 2 switches with the rfxtrx platform)

I’ve tried what @hfeenstra wrote further up but when i use the ./ozwcp -p 8888 command i get message:

2017-03-12 12:31:55.704 Error, Cannot find a path to the configuration files at ./config/. Exiting…
2017-03-12 12:31:55.704 Error, Exception: Options.cpp:91 - 1 - Cannot Find Configuration Files

what should i do?
=)

Edit: i switched out my sdcard to another card and redid the process and now it works. I think i had to small of a sdcard (2gig) now i have 8 and it works.

@hfeenstra
I followed your instructions and everything seemed fine until I tried “./ozwcp -p 8888” and got “No such file or directory”

Any ideas?

1 Like

It appears HASS is loking for the config at the following link:
“/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3./site-packages/libopenzwave--linux*.egg/config”

If I browse to site-packages folder there is no “libopenzwave--linux.egg” folder.

1 Like

How do you do that?

You need to edit ~/.bashrc, note: .bashrc is a hidden file, so you need to add the “.” before the file name.

sudo nano ~/.bashrc

add the above lines in the previous post, then press Ctrl-o to save, then press Ctrl-x to exit. the change won’t take place until you log out, then log in again.

Thanks, now I got this to work! It really helps a lot!

Hi Landrash, I am using Razberry as controller for my Z-Wave devices and cannot figure out what usb_path do I have to set as the Razberry is not directly connected to the USB?

I think the Razberry usually is located at /dev/ttyACM0 so your config variable should be usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0.
I might be wrong but you should be able to se what path it has on the command line with ls /dev/tty*.

I can see /dev/ttyAMA0 and /dev/ttyUSB0 and tried with each entry separately in configuration.yaml under zwave:
“usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB0” or “usb_path: /dev/ttyAM0”.

Both are not working. Can’t access HA anymore. I didn’t enter any config_path as I don’t know what to enter and also I found your comment that this would not be required?
Z-Wave is working because I can access z-wave control panel via smarthome interface under “my_IP_address:8083”

The later variable you wont be needing to set anymore.

Ok, understood. Any idea how to check the usb_path otherwise?

Finally succeeded with “usb_path”= /dev/ttyAMA0 and setting a network_key. Also, I had to permanently disable the bluetooth function as ttyAMA0 was used by it and that caused the problem.
Setting a config_path was not required as you pointed out.

Hi Landrash, can you give some clarifications on the following:
I have installed hassbian 1.1 and updated to HA 0.49.1. In hassbian-scripts it is mentioned that OpenZWave-pip as well as the OpenZWave (OZWCP) is already installed when using HA after 0.46. However, I tried this and zwave in HA could not be started. I am using the Razberry on my Raspberry Pi 3+ as zwave controller and don’t want to install the recommended software zwave.me - or is that required? I have the feeling that this software package creates some conflicts.

In additional to my previous post; attached the log-file:
2017-07-27 21:32:16 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component zwave
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/openzwave/option.py”, line 75, in init
raise ZWaveException(u"Can’t write to device %s : %s" % (device, traceback.format_exception(*sys.exc_info())))
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/traceback.py”, line 181, in format_exception
return list(_format_exception_iter(etype, value, tb, limit, chain))
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/traceback.py”, line 146, in _format_exception_iter
for value, tb in values:
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/traceback.py”, line 125, in _iter_chain
context = exc.context
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘context

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 190, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config)
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 388, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 286, in _wakeup
value = future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 277, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 54, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zwave/init.py”, line 268, in setup
config_path=config[DOMAIN].get(CONF_CONFIG_PATH))
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/openzwave/option.py”, line 81, in init
raise ZWaveException(u"Error when retrieving device %s : %s" % (device, traceback.format_exception(*sys.exc_info())))
openzwave.object.ZWaveException: ‘Zwave Generic Exception : Error when retrieving device /dev/ttyAMA0 : [‘Traceback (most recent call last):\n’, ’ File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/openzwave/option.py”, line 75, in init\n raise ZWaveException(u"Can\‘t write to device %s : %s" % (device, traceback.format_exception(*sys.exc_info())))\n’, ’ File “/usr/lib/python3.4/traceback.py”, line 181, in format_exception\n return list(_format_exception_iter(etype, value, tb, limit, chain))\n’, ’ File “/usr/lib/python3.4/traceback.py”, line 146, in _format_exception_iter\n for value, tb in values:\n’, ’ File “/usr/lib/python3.4/traceback.py”, line 125, in _iter_chain\n context = exc.context\n’, “AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘context’\n”]’