QuietCool Whole House Fan

You’re talking about the WiFi controller correct? I fixed some of the issues with it here but it doesn’t work yet.

Yep - WiFi controller. Looks like HA just deprecated fan.set_speed for fan.set_percentage. Let me know if you have any luck was going to try to dig into it this week.

@sdc I think I fixed it. Well, at least it seems to be working for me.

Amazing - worked flawlessly, great to have this working again - thank you! Question - which UI component do you use to control your fan? I initially was using the Fan Entity Row which sets High/Medium/Low (looks good in the UI) - isn’t working for some reason but haven’t dug in yet (the native fan ui control works fine - maybe entity row isn’t setup for percentages).

I don’t have any fan cards, maybe that’s an addon? I’m just using Entities card.

How do I install the custom integration near the bottom of this thread? When I try to add the repository to HACS, it says it is not compliant.

It doesn’t support installing with HACS. You have to install it manually. Links below have instructions.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/how-to-add-community-build-component-to-home-assistant/159155/2?u=bbrendon

https://codingcyclist.medium.com/how-to-install-any-custom-component-from-github-in-less-than-5-minutes-ad84e6dc56ff

Is this wifi controller still available somewhere?

It was discontinued. They replaced it with a Bluetooth one. I still have one and I don’t know anyone else with one.

Thanks for the reply.

After some research, I think I’m just gonna go with 2 smart wifi switches + relay.

Ahhh. Yes. Makes sense. I thought about doing that without switches and just smart relays. I’m trying to think of another way that might be more elegant which would still give you physical buttons but it’s not coming to me.

Same here. I want 2 physical buttons for controlling on/off and hi/low which will be provided by two Kasa Smart Wifi switches. At the same time, I can program it too in Home Assistant for automation.

For example, simple automation that will quickly shut down the WHF within 10 seconds if someone turns it on but no window or door is open.

Or, if cooler outside than inside and someone just simple open our backyard sliding door, I can automatically start the WHS fan.

Finished installing mine and works flawlessly so far.

I think one of the newer HA releases recently broke the QuietCool integration. All was working great, and i’m now seeing the following error when I attempt to turn the fan on:

Failed to call service fan/turn_on. QuietcoolFan.async_turn_on() takes 
from 1 to 2 positional arguments but 3 were given

Anyone else seeing similar? Normally don’t run the fan during winter, but just happened to see this yesterday.

Funny you mention that because my wife said she tried to turn it on yesterday because it was abnormally warm and it didn’t work.

Is there a solution to this? I’m having the same issue.

I worked on this in Dec and never finished. I remember mostly fixing it. I guess the weather hasn’t forced me into finishing. Link to fan.py below. No idea if it works.

https://pastebin.com/raw/bYzVzDWC

Thanks! I’ll give it a shot.

@bbrendon - Legend - thank you! Finally got around to testing this update and it worked flawlessly.

Apple removed the QC Wifi App from the Appstore (apparently nobody is using the wifi controller anymore). I never bothered to install a hard wired switch - so this integration is my last method of using my fan.

I updated GitHub last week. I was having WAF issues so I had to get on it.

1 Like