Qustodio custom component

Hi guys I just wrote a simple custom component for the Qustodio parental control software
If you are interested take a look at:
https://github.com/dotKrad/hass-qustodio

Thanks for this! This would be an awesome addition! I wasn’t able to get it to load though … followed the (placing files into qustodio folder I created in the custom_components directory).

I get the log entry:

[homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for qustodio which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.

…but no UI (nothing on the Integrations page), no new entities, nothing as far as I can tell.

You added the integration in the Integrations page ?

This is great! I dont have Qustodio anymore as Ourpact was a better fit for my family… But nice!

I searched for it but it wasn’t found

It should appear right there

I just added device tracker to the Qustodio custom component, please give it a try
Thanks

Is this integration dead? I have tried to use it, but my results are the same as brandont, added to folder inside custom components, but it doesn’t appear when I do a search. I would very much so like to try it out.

This would be a great addition to the HA family of integrations. Currently doesn’t appear to work, but I am not surprised with all the changes to HA since this integration was last updated. @dotKrad please continue with this great component idea.

Try again, the version number was missing and its required now by Home Assistant

Hey there - is there any info on this beyond what’s on the Github readme? I’m looking to use Qustodio going forward and I am excited at the thought of integrating it with HA.

Hi Yordan, thank you for the Qustodio component.

It recently stopped working. I saw that somebody already raised an issue in the github repo so I am not adding the details here (just wanted to provide feedback that your custom component is used by some happy users).

Cheers,

Frank

1 Like

Thanks for fixing the issue!

hi all, i’m interested in this as having a mixed phone family, (ios/Android) AND wanting to obviously, tie everything into HA i came across this, does it work well? what are the limitations?

Hi - I am currently trying to load this integration and I am running into the same issues as above. Any changes that I am not aware of? thansk

actually looks like it took some time to load… will keep working through…