Rachio Integration failing to

Bought myself a brand new Rachio 3 with the hopes that I could set up an automation to turn on the sprinklers to scare off the local raccoons who keep digging up my sod, if the motion sensor I pointed at the lawn detects movement in the middle of the night.

But I am stonewalled on the integration - it does not set up. No amount of rebooting and reinstalling seems to get past this.

I do get the message: Created configuration for myEmailAddress

but then the tile for Rachio says:

myEmailAddress Rachio Failed to set up Check the logs

When I look at the logs I get:

Error setting up entry myEmailAddress for rachio 8:59:51 AM – (ERROR) helpers/network.py

Full logs give me:

2022-11-23 08:59:51.310 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry myEmailAddress for rachio File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/rachio/__init__.py", line 63, in async_setup_entry File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/rachio/webhooks.py", line 145, in async_get_or_create_registered_webhook_id_and_url

And yes, I can access my HA instance from outside my LAN.
Home Assistant 2022.11.4
Supervisor 2022.10.2
Operating System 9.3
Frontend 20221108.0

Any thoughts?

1 Like

OK - I fixed that problem - here is the solution in case anyone needs it later:

Even thought I could already access my instance from outside my network via https://myDomain.DuckDNS.org - I failed to update my instance with the external URL under Settings|System|Network|Internet
simply supplied the above URL there, and Bob’s now my uncle.