Rachio Not showing state or log

I have a rachio irrigation controller but its not working as expected. I don’t think HA is receiving status from the cloud or something. I have a soil sensor I want to program to turn off the zone when it reaches a moisture level.

I set up an irrigation dashboard and but whenever I switch on a zone the dash shows the button switching on then it shows as off except it actually run for 10min (its a rachior setting I guess).

I have read that possibility this is an issue with webhooks IDK? I also run a pi-hole but I also tested without it and it made no difference.

Ideally Id like to keep the watering schedules setup on through the rachio app and just have the HA switch off the zone if the moisture level is high enough. But I’m not getting anything about the zones turning on or anything in the logbook and history???

anyone else have this problem???

Have you figured this out, I have same issue.

I’m having the same problem in August 2024. The device integration loads, the Rachio turns on the zone if I activate the button manually, but when the schedules or zones are triggered automatically by Rachio, this integration shows all toggles off. It’s neither showing me active zones nor active schedules.

The log is strange, too. I see zones “turned off” at time I restarted HA, but nothing about the zones that ran last night or early this morning. It’s like it can’t get the Rachio info in, just out.

It seems there are many integrations but some just don’t work or are poorly documented. Plus, here we have a 1+ year-old reports of the same problem.

Check the Rachio docs about external access. This is addressed there.

The Rachio has had external access for about 6-7 years since it was installed.

Rachio doc: “Once your Rachio controller is connected to your home’s Wi-Fi network, you can control it from practically anywhere as long as you’re connected to the internet (through your data plan, another Wi-Fi network, etc).”

Both my Homeseer plugin on the LAN and the Rachio cloud reflect current status, and I can see what’s going on externally when I’m away on the cellular network on the phone app, so the status is readily available from the device both internally and externally already.

The integration has also correctly read all the programming and setup the device and entities so it can clearly get to the API wherever it is looking to obtain data. Status and configuraiton data are accessible using the same API and credentials, so that is demonstrated to be working.

This leaves only the possibility that the integration isn’t polling to get the status either by design, or because it is missing some portion of the configuration.

If someone has it showing live status, then we could find out “what’s different?”

The controller doesn’t poll, the smart hose timers do. The controllers use webhooks like docs say. If that’s not working then you need to check your setup.

Thanks. What is it that talking to the webhooks? The Rachio cloud or the local device? I’m not about to open port forwards in the firewall for Rachio to reach into the HA system, and I don’t have a static public IP.

HA needs some sort of external access for webhooks to work. The easiest option to not have to open ports is to use HA Cloud.