Rademacher Homepilot in Home Assistant

Did you have already a look to the HACS integration? In the meantime I switched completely and it is running very smoothly.

Hello together,
my HA 2022-2-6 is running in a Docker Container with Bridged Network.
I’ve installed HACS 1.22 and then Rademacher Homepilot Integration (peribeir) successful,
but I can’t connect to my Homepilot at Host-Network.
Error-Message in then Dialogbox “Hostname/IP-Adresse der Bridge eingeben”:
Unbekannter Fehler.
Must there more ports be accessible from outside in the HA Container?
Uli

After a fix of the Version 1.4.1 => Version 1.5.0 it works fine :wink:
Version v1.5.0-beta3 now recognise my homepilot automatically and I can add all my DuoFern und Z-Wave devices (about 42) :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot.

Hey guys I am thinking about buying Rademacher 1550 for my window.

Does this work with Home assistant and do I need the official Rademacher bridge? Would love to do it without. Anyways, does anyone have experience with different products of this kind?

I have the exact same product, since they speak some sort of proprietary protocol on 433MHz you’ll either need a bridge (easy) or the USB stick which is hard to get and not as easy to implement (if at all)

Given that you have the same product, how does it go together with Home Assistant in terms of compatibility?
And may I ask how it works range wise, I have to cover two platforms…

I’d go with a bridge. You then have two options:

The second option is much easier, and given that the repository is quite active it might be a good place to start. However the first method, while requiring more setup time, is more robust. I haven’t touched it for 2 years and it still works 100%.
Be aware that the custom integration is more likely to break when Home Assistant changes its core API between versions.
Still, the integration probably is a better place to start.

With the REST integration:

What works:

• Sending commands like Open, Close, Stop, Set Position
  • Reading the current position

What doesn’t work:

• The covers don’t have a “opening” or “closing” state, the Rademacher Hub only reports the target state while the cover is moving and the current one while it isn’t
  • Setting the position to 0 or 100 doesn’t close/open the covers completely (missing about 1cm), only a open/close command will

As I said, I haven’t really touched my setup for a few years, so firmware updates might resolve those issues, I just don’t really care.
If you’re starting fresh, go with the cheaper hub and install the integration from HACS.

As for the range I don’t really know, I’ve installed 8 motors, and since they form a mesh network and relay commands I haven’t had a single issue with that.

1 Like

Thank you so much for that profound sum up. It’s highly appreciated

Servus dexxger, bin neu hier und wollte fragen ob du mich unterstützen kannst meine Rademacher Dimmer einzubinden? :slight_smile: gilt das für die 9476-Dimmer?

Moin
Guck mal weiter oben. Da steht genau was du in die yamls eintragen musst.

Hi @ all!

I just installed the custom component from GitHub => GitHub - peribeir/homeassistant-rademacher: This custom integration provides access to Rademacher Devices connected to a HomePilot (or Start2Smart) bridge. and tried to configure my Rademacher Devices with it.
But it seems to be that the HACS component does not deliver the current “position” of the cover (e.g. cover is on 48%). Do you have any ideas for that “problem” and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Cannot confirm this.

current_position: 78
device_class: shutter
friendly_name: Rollladen xxx
supported_features: 15

Ahh … I think it was my fault => I thought, that the current position is an entity of each shutter - but it is an attribute. :slight_smile:

Is anyone using the apparently new Homepilot Gateway Premium? It is only accessible via their app and cannot be accessed through your browser via IP address. Due to this I am unable to make it work with Home Assistant, neither via this guide nor via the HACS integration.

Anyone got any ideas on how to make this work?

I haven’t updated the firmware on my homepilot for a very long time, also I think they are operating as a new brand now, aren’t they?

In any case I’d start with a port scan using nmap or something similar, also search for the name of the gateway on GitHub, maybe someone else already found something

Homepilot is the new brand, previously they where known as Rademacher. I think there are like 3 or 4 different gateways between Rademacher and Homepilot and the HP gateway premium is the newst one.

Nmap gave out the following:

80/tcp open  http    nginx 1.22.1
|_http-title: 404 Not Found
|_http-server-header: nginx/1.22.1
MAC Address: 38:FD:FE:70:15:14 (Rademacher Geraete-Elektronik GmbH)

This is also what I see when I enter the IP or hostname into my browser. I also contacted their support and they said that it is fully intended that it is only accessible via their app.

So it seems like the Webserver is still running, probably the API endpoint has changed
You could try running wireshark to find out what address gets queried if it‘s not encrypted.
Otherwise you may have to decompile the App or run a MITM attack to get around the HTTPS encryption

I am not a pro with Wireshark but I couldn’t find anything off through it. How would you go about checking this?

Also, I can access http:///legal for instance where it will show some legally required links and stuff.

I installed HA with HACS via Docker. I tried to install the Rademacher Homepilot and wanted to connect it with HA. But there seems to be a problem in connecting to it. Every time I try use the local IP of Homepilot Gateway HA tells me that this is wrong and no connection could be done to Homepilot.

I also can not see any “RADEMACHER HomePilot Bridge” integration in HACS.

What is missing?

Hi maddin,
I did a complete installation HA+ HACS yesterday and everything worked fine.

Are you sure that HACS is setup correct including git connection?

If you follow this description Container>Container
Plus this setup instructions it should work.

Grüße
Pascal