Rainbird Integration confirm working with RC2 controller

Is anyone able to confirm the HA RainBird integration works with the new RC2 controller which has built in Wi-Fi?

1 Like

Unfortunately it doesn’t work. Hope it will be implemented in the future

There were reports of it working here Rainbird RC2 controller with build in wifi module · Issue #301 · allenporter/pyrainbird · GitHub but mayb

Would be happy to work with you to get it working though i’d likely need help to capture the requests/responses either in the logs or using the proxy described in that issue or like what is described in Hardware support: LNK2 Wifi Module · Issue #178 · allenporter/pyrainbird · GitHub – feel free to open a new issue.

hello,
this post is old but interesting.
is the RC2 compatible with the rainbird integration?

The status is the same as the last post. (I don’t own this device)

1 Like

I installed an RC2 this week.
Through the Rain Bird integration (Rain Bird - Home Assistant):

• The initital detection and configuration work. The number of sprinkler zones are detected well and switch entities are generated accordingly. In my case 4, as I have a 4-channel RC2.
  • The switch and rain delay sensor (read) functions both work.
  • The rain delay number (set) functionality seem to work as well [Edited].
  • The calendar seems not to work. But probably you know what you programmed and then te rain delay sensor gives you all the information you need to verify future operations.

Be patient a little in operation and monitoring, as the RC2’s action response is a bit slow. Don’t fire multiple actions too fast or the unit will lose track, requiring a reset.

But I have to mention… what a very bad network implementation the RC2 unit has.
When trying to configure it, connecting the mobile app through the unit’s internal hot-spot initially, it will never connect to the configured WiFi network after configuration. Connecting the mobile app through Bluetooth inititally works better but is not flawless. It took me 3 full system resets to finally show me the WiFi network list in the app’s configuration settings.
Then it took me another two full system resets (and full configuration repeated) to have it’s clock automatically set through NTP / Cloudservice. Once the power is lost (the unit switched off to add another valve), it seems not to update to network/service time anymore and seems to pick up at the last (seemingly stored) time.
I tried many approaches and sequences.