Rainbird Integration

@DotNet2Web How can I integrate LNK2 to HA in this case ? Can you describe the steps ?
The LNK2 had to be in Alternating red/green/OFF flashing ? Then I go to HA and use Add Integration, select RainBird, but I have to insert Host/IP adresss and Password.

I’m asking because the password is set only when you connect using the app.

I’am new to Home Assistant :frowning: but I’m trying to learn.

No worries we are here to help :slight_smile:

First of all, forget about HA while setting up the LNK2 WiFi module for rainbird.
The first step in the complete proces is

1. Make sure you can connect to the controller from the app

So if you can control your rainbird installation from the app then its time to integrated it into HA.

1. Go to integrations within home assistant
  2. Select Add Integration
  3. Type in Rainbird
  4. Host: local ip adres of the LNK2 WiFi module. You can find it in the network settings in the app
  5. Password: enter your password that you have created while setting up the controller in the app
  6. Save

Thats it, now you have integrated rainbird into HomeAssistant :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for getting back. I mostly just want to know what the problems you’ve encountered with HA using this setup and what features are missing. I’m trying to decide whether to replace my old Rainbird with a new one using LNK2, or look at something maybe opensource.

Thanks a bunch.

To be honest, I bought the LNK2 just to try out if it would take away the connection issues but it didnt.

The rainbird integration has been recently updated and is working now with the original LNK module. I created an issue on github to ask if they could add support for the LNK2 module in the integration.

I hope they will get it sorted soon.

Hi there! Has anyone ever tried to integrate the new Rain Bird RC2 controllers? Thinking about to buy one…
All the best
Benedikt

1 Like

also interested to find out if the newest Rain Bird RC2 module with built-in wifi works with the integration.

In my case it works pretty fine with RC2!

I have this integration setup with my Rainbird ESP-TM2. It’s been working fairly well for the past several months but lately I’ve been getting this error quite frequently:

Logger: homeassistant.components.rainbird.coordinator
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:322
Integration: Rain Bird (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:09:30 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:09:30 PM

Error fetching 172.16.17.4 data: Rain Bird device is busy
Error fetching 172.16.17.4 Schedule data: Error communicating with Device: Rain Bird device is busy; Wait and try again

I don’t remember seeing this in the past, but the Rain Bird devices/entities will show unavailable for several minutes before reconnecting. I’m concerned this might happen when my automation is setup to run the sprinklers and they’re unavailable. Anyone else with the ESP-TM2 noticing this issue?

Hi guys!

I have TBOS-BT RainBird controller which is a bluetooth only device but uses iOS/Android app for irritigation control.

Any idea if I could control it via ESP connected to it via bluetooth or is this too much of a hassle?