Rainbird Integration

Hi Guys,

im new and have at this moment some problems with my HA.

I use a Raspi 4 and the HomeOS 5 Beta.

i wann to add my Rainbird system and use the Integration vom this website:

after I configure my configuration.yaml I see 4 Entities. But no Button or something else to start the Zones. Could somebody help me?

Your spacing is wrong.
Note how you have two spaces on line 27 (one indent).
So line 31 should be 4 spaces (two indents).
Line 32 should be 6 spaces.

Try fix that and restart your HA.

Note that in the Server Control settings, there is a button that says “check syntax” which might have picked up on that.

1 Like

Thx for your help.

I trie it. But see no switch or something else only my binary sensors. Is my Config now right?

Hey Guys,

at this time in my Setting I have no Switches created. Only the sensors.

Could it be a problem with my Rainbird Controller?

Did you ever get any info on this or get it working? I have added Rainbird and have sensor but do not see any switches or way to control sprinklers from home assistant

Mine is working as intended. :slight_smile: See below. Notice how the sensors and switches give no indication they are part of rainbird. That’s why I chose to name them all with Rain Bird as a prefix (in the UI we can use custom display names so it’s easy to remove where I don’t want it).

Same here… have not seen the switches work in a few months. I have been hoping to see if the developer had a chance to look into it. BTW it did work last summer…

Thanks @Kabala. Unfortunately I’m getting the following errors when doing a ‘Configuration validation’ prior to an HA Restart after adding the Rainbird Integration.

Also I have question regarding the naming of the ‘Host name of Rainbird controller *’ the default i.e. rainbird.home does not appear to be correct. It is unclear if the default is what is used or something else, please advise.

Hi,
I think you have to open a ticket on the github page… Then let’s see what the developer is up to.

I don’t use this integration. I discovered this by accident and thought it worked.
The integration has potential, so open a ticket on github.
I use the following integrations and it is currently running very well.

the normal rainbird itegration, rainbird2 and GitHub - rgc99/irrigation_unlimited: ♒Irrigation controller for Home Assistant

######################################################## Rain Bird

rainbird:  ################## Cata & Petra
  - host: xxxxxxxxx
    password: xxxxxxxx
    trigger_time: 0:50
    zones:
      1:
        friendly_name: Terasse ##### Terasse
      2:
        friendly_name: Mauer #### Mauer  
      3:
        friendly_name: Grieche #### Grieche
      4:
        friendly_name: Garage #### Garage
      5:
        friendly_name: Hecke #### Hecke
      6:
        friendly_name: zone_10 #### nicht belegt    

rainbird2: ################## Schwiegereltern 
  - host: xxxxxxx
    password: xxxxxxx
    trigger_time: 0:50
    zones:
      1:
        friendly_name: Einfahrt #### Einfahrt
      2:
        friendly_name: Eingang #### Eingang
      3:
        friendly_name: Streifen Hauswand #### Streifen Hauswand
      4:
        friendly_name: Streifen Nachbar #### Streifen Nachbar

##################################################### irrigation_unlimited

irrigation_unlimited:
  granularity: 10
  refresh_interval: 30
  controllers:
    - name: "Schwiegereltern"
      zones:
        - name: "Einfahrt"
          entity_id: "switch.einfahrt"
          show:
            timeline: true
        - name: "Eingang"
          entity_id: "switch.eingang"
          show:
        - name: "Hauswand"
          entity_id: "switch.streifen_hauswand"
          show:
        - name: "Nachbar"
          entity_id: "switch.streifen_nachbar"
          show:
#      sequences:
#        - name: 'eco mode'
#          duration: '00:05'
#          delay: '00:02'
#          repeat: 3
#          schedules:
#            - time: '05:00'
#          zones:
#            - zone_id: 1
#            - zone_id: 2
#            - zone_id: 3
#            - zone_id: 4
    - name: "Petra & Cata"
      zones:
        - name: "Terasse"
          entity_id: "switch.terasse"
          show:
        - name: "Mauer"
          entity_id: "switch.mauer"
          show:
        - name: "Grieche"
          entity_id: "switch.grieche"
          show:
        - name: "Garage"
          entity_id: "switch.garage"
          show:
        - name: "Hecke"
          entity_id: "switch.hecke"
          show:

Hello,
I am new to home assistant so am trying to figure things out. I have the Rain Bird system with wifi and been trying to set it up with home assistance with no luck. I been looking at this forum and trying to follow along but don’t seem to understand what I am doing wrong. I updated the Yaml file like it was said in the instructions but I am getting an error every time I run check configuration and I don’t see the switches to control the sprinklers any help will be truly appreciated. Bellow is how I set it up in the Yaml file as well as the error I get.

the - before host in your yaml is not correct.

start with:

rainbird:
host: …
password: …
trigger_time:

@josh.walls could you please show what values does your sensor.rainsensor display?

Maybe you also know if it’s possible to control the “Master Valve” terminal (which could be used for e.g. the pump)?:

Can anyone tell me if this integration works with version 2 of the Rain Bird LNK controller (SKU F55005)?

Either way, thanks very much to the author for this integration!

It wont, I got myself a LNK2 because it should be a better version of the first one.

And yes its a better version, it connects faster and has less time-outs when connecting.

But you cant use it in HA, the reason is the only allow ONE connection at the time. So if you connect with the app, HA cant connect anymore. If you decide to stop using the app, and only control by HA then HA will be the main connection.

The thing with HA is that it will keep on trying to connect to find out what the integration is doing. So that doesnt work either.

I contacted Rainbird and spoke to them about the problem, I ended up writing my own C# application to find out how it would work.

hello.
Im very interesting to buy ESP-RZXE4 with the wifi adapter. No problem for me if the app not works, because i will control all by HA.
the integration for rainbird works? works fine?
give all the functionality or have any gap?

thanks a lot!

Hi. Would it be possible to share this dashboard with me. looks amazing

Hi
Are you able to set the times manually?

Hi @DotNet2Web
Can you talk about this some more? For example, if HA is connected to LNK2 and oh say the WiFi drops out for a minute or two and comes back, will HA still be able to reconnect to LNK2?

Mind sharing what you found out with your C# application?

Thanks!

When the WiFi drops or your networks is rebooting or something.
All connections to the LNK2 will be disposed, when everything is up and running again. HA is capable of connecting again.

What do you want to know about the C# application? Had a pretty difficult time reverse engineering the app into a C# application. I managed to do so, till rainbird changed the authorization mechanisme in the app.