Rainforest Eagle Legacy - pricing not visible

Greetings,
I have been trying to get the current step pricing to display in the Energy tab. In the picture below I show the Rainforest Eagle’s data that has been polled by 2 different home automation systems. The data from Home Assistant’s integration does not show any valid pricing even though there was an entity created for total cost.

Update:
2021.9.2 broke the Rainforest Eagle.
It finds the settings in the yaml and installs the integration. Configuration of the integration fails.
I get an “Unexpected Error” if I use just the IP, or “Failed to Connect” if I use a http:// prefix on the host address. Would be helpful to have a hamburger menu on the integration with docs to assist the config.

The Eagle had worked prior to the update.
IP, Cloud ID and Install Code all seem to be in order. The Eagle I am using is a Legacy and have always connected “locally” to it. Model is an RFA-Z109 Eagle

From the log:
Logger: homeassistant.components.rainforest_eagle.config_flow
Source: components/rainforest_eagle/data.py:54
Integration: Rainforest Eagle (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:26:48 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:26:48 AM

Unexpected exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/rainforest_eagle/config_flow.py”, line 52, in async_step_user
eagle_type, hardware_address = await data.async_get_type(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/rainforest_eagle/data.py”, line 54, in async_get_type
meters = await hub.get_device_list()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aioeagle/hub.py”, line 67, in get_device_list
for device in xmltodict_ensure_list(response[“DeviceList”], “Device”):
KeyError: ‘DeviceList’

2021.09.03 resolved communications issues with the Legacy Rainforest and exposes 3 entities. The Current Cost / kWh does not seem to be exposed but is available through the API.

It looks like the top integration you are using works well. I’m having lots of problems with the built-in integration. It fails sporadically, freezes the Eagle unit (requiring a power cycle), and does not import price.

Can you describe the other integration? Is it via Node.red?

Sorry for the late reply.
The other system I am using is Homeseer. It has a very good plugin for the Rainforest.

I had given up on the Eagle because mine also needs to be rebooted. I thought the Eagle may not be a good candidate for use with HA and was looking at buying the newer version. Hearing that you experience the same issue I am reconsidering this.

What I do to get around the issue is use a Tasmota plug module scheduled to reboot the Eagle every 4 hours. This is not ideal, but does seem to work better than having it freeze. As I recall the data from Homeseer is still accurate, while the HA integration is frozen. I will remove the plug rebooter module, monitor this and get back. Meanwhile we need to let the devs know the legacy integration is not fully functional.

Update: the HA integration actually freezes the Eagle’s web interface. This closes the data stream to both of the systems.
There is a Homeseer integration that exposes all of the HS devices to HA.

Today when I checked the status of the 2 HA integrations, the HS integration is showing good data and updating every 3 minutes, but the HA integration has old data that had not updated for 11 hours.

This situation is persisting across a reboot of the Eagle. I am using a plug module to reboot the Eagle every 4 hours and although there was a reboot at 4pm HA does not reconnect and has bad data.

I am not sure how to attract the attention of the people who are developing this integration.