Rainmachine Irrigation Controller

I can do that!

How would that be calculated? I don’t have a unit with these properties.

flowSensorClicksPerCubicMeter is the number of click for 1000liters.

flowSensorWateringClicks is the number of clicks.

Therefore liters=flowSensorWateringClicks*1000/flowSensorClicksPerCubicMeter

FYI: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/23221

1 Like

Thanks, but it takes long until it is released ;-(

It was just merged to the dev branch, which likely means it’ll get released in 0.93.

Following up; I’m seeing these on my side now, but no clue why. Doesn’t seem to affect actual usage. I, too, have Unifi; I wonder if that’s causing something?

im having trouble getting the webui as a panel for HA anyone get this working? no matter what address i try it doesnt connect.

It should be https://<IP_ADDRESS>:8080.

Hi Folks,

I have a tipping bucket rain gauge connected to a HomeAssistant sensor. I collect daily rain fall that is much more accurate for my area than my local national weather service station. Is there any mechanism with the Home Assistant RainMachine component to provide a rainfall value to RainMachine? That way it can use this value in it’s irrigation forecasting.

Thanks,

Greg

One option might be to investigate whether your rain sensor can be hooked directly to the RainMachine unit: https://support.rainmachine.com/hc/en-us/articles/227832747-Rain-Sensor

If not, another option would be to remove all scheduling from the RainMachine itself and utilize Home Assistant to start/stop components/zones based on the value of the sensor. This puts full control in your hands, which can be useful, but also requires more work.

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it. Actually the sensor I’m referring to is not a traditional rain sensor, it’s a rainfall gauge sensor. A traditional irrigation rain sensor is just a simple device that says whether rain is detected or not, and it normally has some setting on it that has a threshold for rain detection with a simple open/close switch. This threshold could be for example 1/8in, 1/4in, etc in US measurements. And in fact, I actually have one of those connected to my rain machine. What I’m referring to is a rainfall gauge, something similar to what is used on a weather station. A weather station will typically have a small cylinder with a tipping bucket device internal that measures rain fall, and this is basically what I have but it’s not part of a larger weather station device. Rain machine gathers rainfall data information from NOAA, and personal weather stations (Wunderground, Netamo), and uses it as part of its irrigation forecasting. I basically, was wondering, if some mechanism exists in the current Home Assistant RainMachine component to pass this rainfall data to RainMachine. Hope that makes sense.

Greg

Got it; makes sense. I don’t believe there’s a way for HASS to inject a sensor into RainMachine as a custom parser, unfortunately. Best you can hope for is to use HASS itself as the bridge between this sensor and the controller via automations.

Hey @bachya, I just installed a couple of rain machines as well as the HA integration. Quick question, since I have two of them, is it possible to execute the pause and unpause services independently for each unit? Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Amazingly, no – I somehow never thought of that use case. I’ll get that addressed ASAP!

Awesome, thank you so much!!!

FYI: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/44139

Unfortunately, I’m too late to get this into the next version. It’s a larger PR, so it may take some time to get it merged; remember that you can always install it as a custom component in the meantime.

awesome, I’ll install and start testing today, thanks so much!

Hey @bachya,

I may need a little help verifying I have installed the custom component correctly as I’ve only done it once before. I went to the link above downloaded what I believe to be the correct rainmachine folder and added it into my custom component folder. I did see a message in the logs about using the custom component rain machine. When I got to developer tools and I try to call the service for pause_watering though, I don’t see any requirement to add the entity_id or area_id. Is there a way I verify I pulled and installed the correct custom component style and then a way to test via developer tools? thanks!

One other note, when I look at the device it says I’m using API version 4.6.1.

When I load this up (and refresh my browser), the rainmachine services allow me to specify an entity ID:

It’s a little strange, perhaps, but selecting an entity ID allows you to specify which controller the service should affect.

Ok, I don’t believe I have the correct custom component folder loaded, I know you linked the github above. Is it possible to give me a more direct link to the correct folder I need to add into my custom component folder? thanks!

I was copying from the below location.