Rancher Catalog

Hello All,

I’m using Rancher to manage my Home Assistant environment on an Intel NUC, and I have found that I have to do a lot of customizations of and/or searching for Docker containers that work. So, as Rancher has a function to allow for custom catalogs, I have created one that has “custom curated” Docker images that are known to work well with Home Assistant (for example, RabbitMQ + MQTT add-on + Admin Panel).

For those of you using Rancher, you can add the catalog:

https://github.com/chriskacerguis/rancher-catalog.git

You can do that in Settings.

I hope this helps someone :slight_smile:

Chris

4 Likes

Great, here is some more rancher stuff or HASS Rancher as an alternative to HASS.io

When using your catalog and trying to install Home Assistant I get the following error: I haven’t found a way in Rancher to map only files.

home-assistant (Expected state running but got error: Error response from daemon: oci runtime error: container_linux.go:247: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:359: container init caused \"rootfs_linux.go:54: mounting \\\"/etc/localtime\\\" to rootfs \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay/161c4f45130aa8dafc10638fe99c6aa9f06d4ca4cb9a521b2e5358ae065334fa/merged\\\" at \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay/161c4f45130aa8dafc10638fe99c6aa9f06d4ca4cb9a521b2e5358ae065334fa/merged/etc/localtime\\\" caused \\\"not a directory\\\"\"" : Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type)

This always happens when I try to map - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro in Rancher

Not sure what you tell you (sorry). That is per the HASS Docker setup guide.

It appears it’s only a problem when you run rancher on RancherOS.
I tried rancher on ubuntu and it isn’t a problem.