Random color lights?

Hello… how would i go about making lights set to random colors?.. like a scene…but random colors each time?.. buttons that do it?..a script?.. i want to set up cards for rooms… have a “bright”, “Dim”, and “random” buttons at the bottom of the room cards…

thank you for your help… :slight_smile:

This might help:

i checked out that post…that looks like what i could be after… im pretty comfortable with mucking about with configs and what not…i have set up good automations…scenes…a few scripts…etc… but only using HA for about 2 months, there is still quite a bit i dont know…

that being said… how do i set that stuff up from that post?.. i appreciate your patience :slight_smile:

Cut and paste into settings → automations( or maybe scripts) using the yaml editor.

Initially I set each of R, G, and B to random colours, but found that came out white-ish too often. So after randomising, I randomly set one of the 3 colours to 0 to get a stronger colour.

ok…i made the input_boolean.candle_mode, pasted that into a blank automation and script, and changed the entity_ids… when i try to save it i get a “Message malformed: expected dictionary” error…

at the end of the day… i just want to make a button that i can push that make random light colors come on in a room :slight_smile:
…like a scene :)… it is the process of setting it up that is throwing me off… i appreciate your help :slight_smile: