Randomly Seeing Z-wave Switches Disappear

Running Home Assistant 2024.4.4 with the latest Z-Wave JS version. Have been noticing the past week or two roughly 6 of my Inovelli and Zooz switches (always on latest firmware) have disappeared out of Z2M and where there were previously on dashboards, they show entity unavailable.

My network has been solid for a few years with no real issues and has roughly 80 mains powered nodes and 15 or so battery devices. I’m curious what might be causing this to occur and also what the best method is here to restore these devices. Do I exclude them or hard reset and readd them or is there a better way?

Now wishing I had scanned all the QR codes on them when installing :frowning:

Advice appreciated!

Depends on why they went away… what happens if you ping one or try to repair? What does the log say.

JS can mark an entity dead for many reasons. First step is it really dead?

Try to ping them, if that doesn’t work, try to power cycle them (aka turn off the breaker.). Do they work when you manually toggle them?

1 Like

The devices are missing in JS so I have no option to ping them. They still show in dashboards as unavailable entities but thats it. I cannot find them as devices or entities anywhere else in HA or Z2M