Randomly Switching Zigbee Plug

Dear all,

I just installed a fresh and recent HASS (Home Assistant 2022.10.5, Supervisor 2022.10.0, Operating System 9.2) on RPi 4. I attached my HUSBZB-1 and installed the Zigbee Home Automation plugin. I use an Osram power plugs, and it was detected after reset of the plug. I can switch it manually, and I realized a very simple automation via GUI rules where the switch goes on dawn and off at 22:30h.

Now the switch is randomly switched on and off at several periods of the day. It is always an on-off sequence of 1-2 sec period, 5 sec break, repeated 10-15 times.

I have absolutely no explanation. On the first time this occured I remember I found some log entries somewhere which reported that service switch.turn_off was initiating this behaviour, but I am not able to find them again - neither in the Logbook, nor in the developer logs. The Logbook only shows expected entries from manual trigger or the two automations.

Can someone guide me to provide proper information to resolve this?

It would be great if someone would simply tell me if there are specific logs I could check… thanks!

I’ve got a issue just like this. I watched my Z2M log while this was happening and made a screenshot. I’ve got no idea what is going on or how to fix it though… Maybe someone is able to help us with this additional information.

I will try to pair it again.

Thank you, I tried without success.

I bought the new SkyConnect and will try again with different hardware.

@pexterNL Which stick and devices do you use?

I just recently switched to a SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 usb dongle (CC2652P chipset - modeltype ZBDongle-P) with the Zigbee2mqtt addon.

My Osram Smart+ zigbee plugs are the ones that are randomly switching on and off. Home Assistant log doesn’t display this, or only notices it’s state being changed (turned off/on) as if I push the button on the plug manually. Other devices work properly, although my upstairs zigbee smart dimmer sometimes seems to struggle with connectivity. Three out of the 4 plugs that are haunted are in the same room as my coordinator though.

The weird part to me, though, is that I only started experiencing this issue after I switched to this dongle and addon. Before I used the Conbee 2 stick in combination with ZHA without any issues like this. The reason I switched is that I had zigbee curtains that weren’t supported by ZHA, and I noticed the Conbee2 has issues with turning on multiple devices at one (applying scenes). Maybe important to note that I started a fresh HA os install when I switched, so there cant be any conflict within ZHA withing my HA.

Today I will try to change from channel 11 to 25 and repair my devices. Maybe there is some interferrence with the wifi networks around here. If this fixes it, I’ll update on it.

I use ZHA, you use Zigbee2mqtt. We use different sticks.

Hmmm… this would mean the Osram plugs are the common problem.

Note, that both my previous openHAB setup and Echo Studios as Zigbee Master did use the same plugs without issues. So still a HA issue?

Where should one post a bug report?

Hmm strange. I used them with ZHA without issues before. Reporting a bug might not be a bad idea: maybe someone more advanced would start looking into it.

Changing the Zigbee channel (from 11 to 25) made me repair every device. After that, the issue became ALMOST non existent (for now). Only the plug controlling my Christmas tree turned itself off randomly once.

I’m out of ideas…

The point is that we use different ZigBee sticks and stacks. Do one could blaim the plugs.

But the plugs again work flawless if connected to an Amazon Echo.

HA itself is the only common component.

Should we try to prepare a bug report? Each of us for himself, and then we reference each other?

I’m now on Nabu Casa’s Sky Connect. Same issue.
Changed to Zigbee channel 20… no difference.
I put a bug report here. @pexterNL, maybe you can do the same with your data to provide as much information as possible.

I see you had linked this thread and there are some great responses. Is there any additional information I can provide that isn’t in this thread?

Responses assume that ZigBee 3.0 might cause the issue as the plugs might need older standards.

But I always used my old HUSBZB-1 before testing Sky Connect.

I have the same problem. I have used the Osram Plugs for years with Zigbee2MQTT and OpenHAB without any problems. Now I have migrated to Home Assistant and SkyConnect.

Meanwhile, I use an old Zigbee stick (not 3.0) via Zigbee2MQTT. This works quite well since a couple of months…