Raspberry pi 3 model a+

Do you think we will be able to get hassio running on the model a+ natively?

Why, I mean this is the summary google found for me:

The new Pi 3 Model A+ is supposed to be a smaller model but with most of the advantages of the Model B+. It has similar specifications, except that you get 512MB of RAM instead of 1GB, there’s only one USB 2.0 port and the Ethernet port is gone.

The pi 3 B is challenged enough running HA, let alone halving it’s RAM and throwing away it’s ethernet port - thereby adding wifi as another point of failure to your HA setup.

1 Like

Nick - you have people running hassio on a pi zero and a pi1, 2 and original 3… I can’t imagine it would be a worse experience than a Pi zero… (Not that I’d recommend anything less than a Pi3B)

1 Like

I know, and they will no doubt run HA, mosquitto, node red, confugurator, pi-hole, samba, duckdns, letsencrypt, google assistant integration and a whole host of other shit on the 3 A+, but I don’t see that there is any particular hurry to allow people to torture themselves in this way…

1 Like

especially given how cheap a 3B+ is… why try to cheap out even further and use an inferior device? I definitely wouldn’t want my HA server on wifi for a start

1 Like