Raspberry Pi 5

You could try and build it operating-system/scripts/update-kernel-rpi.sh at ff0a4b44e07de5a9f6129062bb37aee93a478717 · home-assistant/operating-system · GitHub
From Getting Started with Home Assistant Operating System Development | Home Assistant Developer Docs
But the to install is just a Docker container Raspberry Pi - Home Assistant

1 Like

Hmmm… So even we cannot install on docker manner. sorry, i’m a newbie for HA.

The Raspberry Pi 5 will most certainly be supported by the Home Assistant Team. It was just announced last week, and has not yet shipped to the general public. Thus, patience is in order here. Give it a few months, and I would guess we’ll see native HAOS support for the new RPi 5.

Data collected from installed and running instances of Home Assistant indicates the Raspberry Pi family is the most popular platform.

More data available at

2 Likes

The only great answer to this is - get one and try it. Without the device, it’s really impossible to know. It’s about the software implementation as much as the hardware one too. The decoder might be there but if ffmpeg isn’t coded to take advantage of it, or HA does not use the decoder, then it might struggle. You can always return the Pi to the retailer if it doesn’t function… I’m sure they will take it back, what with shortages and all! Please report your findings if you can.

Is there a HomeAssisst test image for the Pi5 so I can test and see what and does not work on it
Pi5 8GB version just sat here waiting for testing.

No. HaOS is not available yet for the Pi5 (No Orange or Raspberry) :man_shrugging:

But feel free to choose any of the other 3 installation methods to get HA up & running on your device :point_down:

2 Likes

Oh well, thought I’d ask before I go hit GitHub and try get it working on the Pi5.

Hopefully theirs been some alpha (Pi) tester giving it a go already.

Its same as Pi5 you don’t need a HAOS image. Just follow one of the many guides avail to install on many OS.

I have put ubuntu as I think Releases · Joshua-Riek/ubuntu-rockchip · GitHub is producing some of the best images (very clean, up to date)

1 Like

any news about RPi 5?

About what in detail @lukasM? About the inefficiency?

Latest HaOS image was also build for that “hot” SBC if you check the githubs…

I like analytics data :slight_smile:
The map is interesting btw, but would be better if per 100,000 population.

I take my home country, Belgium: 6355 / 11,000,000 = 58 / 100,000 population
In the US, that seems to be the most : 53070 / 340,000,000 = 15 / 100,000 population

I know you’re not the one that produced the content of that page, I’m just saying.

1 Like

Does HA on RPi 5 have support of RTC battery and fan connected to dedicated ports?

As for the fan, it appears that the RPi 5’s built-in firmware takes care of it automatically. My official RPi 5 Active Cooler behaves as described in the following documentation from Raspberry Pi, while running HAOS.

https://www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/computers/raspberry-pi-5.html#cooling-raspberry-pi-5

I was just thinking it might be nice to have current fan speed in system monitor.

1 Like

I’ve been able to monitor fan speed using a command line sensor.
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/monitoring-rpi-5-fan-speed-in-systemmonitor-integration/650108/2
I haven’t figured out the RTC. Entering “dmesg | grep rtc” in terminal, I can see I’ve got the trickle charging enabled at 3000000uV and the RTC is registering as rtc0.