Raspberry Pi Cover, Seems strange

First off, excuse my noobneess when it comes to code, Great with electronics, not so much code.

I have been trying to get the mentions Rpi cover to work for the last few days, and the information on the Components page is lacking quite a bit.

When the cover is loaded out of the box you get the following setup

3.3V constant applied to the relay output pin (checked with multi-meter) This is nice if your using a sainsmart relay which I’m believe is an active low relay (low signal triggers the relay)

Sensor pin shows “ON” when there is an open circuit. Closing the circuit turns it off, This is opposite logic to what the cover wants to see, A reed switch installed closing said switch when the garage door is closed, at the moment home assistant see’s the closed switch as open.

Now where I’m having trouble is reversing the inputs and outputs in the config file for this cover.

So far changes I have made either fail or crash home assistant.

I can make a GPIO sensor and switch on the same ports, but they have no effect on the cover.

binary_sensor:
  - platform: rpi_gpio
    ports:
      11: PIR Office
      23: Garage Door
    invert_logic: true

How every this inverts both GPIO’s, cant get my syntax right fo invert just one.

Thanks

Bryden

To add more information on my attampts…

cover:
    covers:
      - name: Garage Door
        relay_pin: 18
        state_pin: 23
     state_pull_mode: up

Crashes HA

cover:
    covers:
        state_pull_mode: up

cover:
    covers:
        invert_logic: true

Puts a fault in HA telling me to check my config

Maybe change the name to ‘Garage door’

I’m on the same boat… i been trying to get this thing is there any work around it

i don"t think “state_pull_mode: up” works i tried both your way bryden with no success… by the way my HA is updated to the lastest today since i just updated it…