Hello all. Brand new here and I am looking for some help/advice for a use case I am researching.
My use case involves using HassOS to control a Etekcity wifi outlet for my 3D printer(s) based on printer status.
I have learned that HassOS has a python library support (pyvesync) for the outlet and it would be amazing to use this to send commands based on my printer status.
I know that HassOS has an Octoprint component but I was hoping to avoid all my already configured printer settings and plugins which is why I would prefer to install HassOS separately.
To test this I need to install HassOS on my Pi which is already configured with another server OS and I could use some instructions on how to accomplish this. If there is a thread, blog, or help document on how I can install this correctly please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
What I have currently:
- Raspberry Pi 3b+
- OctoPi / OctoPrint server installed on the Pi
- 3D Printer
- Etekcity ESW15-US smart plug.
My current workflow:
- Use the smart plug app to power on the printer
- Use the OctoPrint server to initiate and monitor print jobs
- When print job has finished and temps have lowered to safe levels OctoPi sends notification
- Use the smart plug app to power down the printer
My future workflow:
- Use HassOS to power on the printer
- OctoPrint to initiate and monitor print jobs
- When print job has finished and temps have lowered to safe levels OctoPi sends command or API to HassOS to power down the printer