Raspberry Pi HassOS install with existing Octopi image?

Hello all. Brand new here and I am looking for some help/advice for a use case I am researching.
My use case involves using HassOS to control a Etekcity wifi outlet for my 3D printer(s) based on printer status.
I have learned that HassOS has a python library support (pyvesync) for the outlet and it would be amazing to use this to send commands based on my printer status.
I know that HassOS has an Octoprint component but I was hoping to avoid all my already configured printer settings and plugins which is why I would prefer to install HassOS separately.
To test this I need to install HassOS on my Pi which is already configured with another server OS and I could use some instructions on how to accomplish this. If there is a thread, blog, or help document on how I can install this correctly please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

What I have currently:

1. Raspberry Pi 3b+
  2. OctoPi / OctoPrint server installed on the Pi
  3. 3D Printer
  4. Etekcity ESW15-US smart plug.

My current workflow:

1. Use the smart plug app to power on the printer
  2. Use the OctoPrint server to initiate and monitor print jobs
  3. When print job has finished and temps have lowered to safe levels OctoPi sends notification
  4. Use the smart plug app to power down the printer

My future workflow:

1. Use HassOS to power on the printer
  2. OctoPrint to initiate and monitor print jobs
  3. When print job has finished and temps have lowered to safe levels OctoPi sends command or API to HassOS to power down the printer

You don’t need HassOS. You can install Home Assistant on your current setup.

Use any of the supported methods of installing Home Assistant:

• python venv
  • hassio (generic linux installer)
  • home assistant in docker

The documentation covers all of it.

@flamingm0e Thank you!