Raspberry Pi4 - Up & Running

UPDATE:
Having issues with temperature and the CPU throttling back, looks like I need a fan.

could you share your sensor configuration about the cpu throttled state? Also undervoltage would be interesting.

Edit: it’s this right: https://github.com/custom-components/sensor.rpi_power

No its a script I did using the vcgencmd command and updating via json using a crontab, probably does the same not looked at that custom component.

My pi 4 went down from around 75 C with the genuine case and heatsinks to around 68 C with a metal case and heatsinks.

Only when it takes a snapshot the temperature rises to around 85 C.

Does your rpi4 seem slow? Ring videos play even slower than on the rpi3b+ and the damn thing is hot. sits at around 60-65C with a small heatsink attached.

Have any Pi4 owners run a Hass benchmark? If so mind sharing the results please?

Benchmark info:

This on a Pi4 with 4GB of ram, however HassIO can only use 1GB currently

good to know, do you have a source for that information?

i can show you a screenshot from my build, shows only 1GB of ram.

ok, no I believe you, let’s hope we can soon use the full 4GB RAM

1 Like

Nice that’s over twice as fast as I was getting with my Pi3

It would be nice is anyone running HA under Venc could add async benchmarks for the Pi4 also, I guess it’s going to be around 3.3 seconds

I would not say it’s slow but also wound not say the is a massive improvement either.

I have solved the overheating issue by getting a FLIRC Metal Case, not cheap but I am worth it. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you. for the benchmark info.

Its faster then my currant Hassio box an old Zotac HD-ND01-U. that clocked in at 8.1 something.

FYI the memory problem is fixed:

Excellent just checked mine and it’s also working now, not sure on when it was fixed but works on 0.98.1

Can you give me the sensor code for undervoltage and everything what is in this glance card… thank you…

From here

We have published a release candidate of HassOS that is compatible with the new Raspberry Pi 4. Download it here.

Do we need to flash the sd card again and restore a backup to get this updated or do we also get this directly in hassio (system)?

That depends on your skill level as it’s a script that you would need to edit and modify to your server and token, have MQTT up and running also set to run the script as a cron job.

If you understand everything above then yes, but I don’t have time at the moment to tidy up the code, provide detailed step by step instructions and make user friendly.

The was a mention of another component that did the same that my be easier to set up.

D.

p.s this probably won’t work in HASSIO only developer installations