RaspiPool. A DIY Swimming Pool Automation System

It looks like @segalion has been MIA for a long while, both on here and on his own GitHub. Hope he’s well…

Sorry, I could miss something, but I have a question about algaecides.
Can I use algaecides in this system? We’re using Kem-Tek KTK-50-0006 for maintaining cleanliness in our pool. It is a green 60% concentrate algaecide. Can it be “harmful” for this automation system? Or are there any nuances?
Thanks!

Hey @segalion, would you mind to gave us an update how the platform have behaved since you put it production :smile: what about the readings, how accurate are they today compared with some months ago.
Congrats with this project, it’s really awesome.

@segalion - could you let us know how this performing? Thinking about a pool install shortly and would love to consider this setup.

This would be great as a custom integration into an existing HA deployment rather than standalone.

For those that may be interested, I riffed off of segalion’s excellent work and built a similar system. I started a new topic about my project:

Any discussion is welcome on the new topic.

Since the original repo was not maintained anymore, I started a new fork here:

For now

Feel free to head there if you want to help out…

For anyone who has built/installed a bypass for the sensors, how often do you use the valves if ever?

The reason I ask is that my pipes are quite close together and i’d only have about 150mm for the sensors, so I am therefore considering plumbing it in without the valves because they would not fit.

Thanks Virgim for adding functionality.

So is this working with the Tentable T3 now? I haven’t ordered yet.

Has anyone tried the Bare-Bones wi-fi Pool Kit from Atlas? Looks like it use an esp8266. All one kit.
Bare-Bones Wi-Fi Pool Kit | Atlas Scientific (atlas-scientific.com)

This kit certainly looks interesting.

Even simpler would be the complete kit which has the circuit boards and probes included, ready to go.

I love the Atlas docs.

STOP If you don’t have the Arduino IDE or do not know what that is, STOP NOW. This product is not for you. We can’t help you.

1 Like

Actually, I found the pool kit for 300EUR so that is reasonable (compared to buying the stuff individually).

Now data is stored at ThingSpeak, presumably for free ( FREE, For small non-commercial projects). And RESTful sensor to read data from Thingspeak tells me how to consume the data in HA. Any drawbacks that I’m missing before I shell out 300EUR?

You can use your own firmware too, without involving any cloud. esphome to the rescue :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure ESPHome will work, but from the online documentation, Tasmota has added support for Ezo from Atlas.

I have not tested this yet, I am hoping someone that has been successful with this integration can post here first.

EZO sensors - Tasmota

There are EZO components available for esphome, but they may be custom components at this stage.

EDIT: will be there soon https://next.esphome.io/components/sensor/ezo.html

Oh, nice. I missed that. Have you tried it yourself?

The documentation is a little thin. Do you know if it also supports ORP?

No I have not tried it, sorry.

1 Like

Ok thanks. My house is still under construction. Hopefully someone will be brave enough to try this before I am ready :grin: Otherwise I will give it a try later this year and post here.

I’m sitting here thinking the exact same thing.

I’m pretty confident it’ll work fine via thingspeak, but I’d much rather get it going locally. Having absolutely no experience with ESPhome or Tasmota I don’t even know what the first step would be.

So I’m hoping your house is done being built before winter is over. I’m getting a liner replaced in the spring so it’ll likely be June before I start seriously looking at this.

1 Like

Winter hasn’t even started.

I don’t know what the issue is. Atlas are very open. Their software is open and on github. It has been ported to esphome.