Ratgdo (or maybe MQQT) issues after update

EDIT: After manually going into the webserver for each ratgdo and rebooting them, they appear to work better now

I have two ratgdo openers installed, one for each garage door. I installed them in December and have never had issues until now. I recently updated to the latest HA OS and Core version so I have to think it is related in some way. It looks like there is no Issues page in the ratgdo Github page though. I have a purple learn button on my opener and therefore use Security 1.0+ with MQQT, ratgdo v2.51.

When I click on ‘Open’ for the cover entity in HA, nothing happens. If I spam click it 3-4 more times, eventually the garage door will open. When it is open, it never registers in HA that is is open, and therefore the ‘Close’ button isn’t clickable. However, if I spam click the ‘Open’ button again, the door will eventually close. The other ‘Light’ entity that ratgdo creates also will no longer work. When monitoring MQQT explorer, the door just constantly shows as open. I verified that MQQT packet is being sent when the cover entity button in HA is being pressed though, as the “door = open” section in MQQT Explorer does light up when this happens.

I’m not sure if the issues is with the ratgodevices, MQQT, or somewhere in Home Assistant. Both ratgdo devices are suddenly acting the same and havent had issues before. Nothing in log viewer. Any idea what the issue could be or how to investigate things further?

doorOpen

Saw something similar. But didn’t try pressing the button multiple times. I’ll try that next time I see this and see what happens.

What happened to me is I lost door control. But then 3 hours later it was working again on its own. No idea why.

Waiting for it to happen again though.

Well it happened to me today. I was doing work on my server so the MQTT server was offline for a while. I guess this affects the RATGDO. When everything was back online they weren’t working but used your idea of sending the command over and over and it eventually kicked back in.

At least it looks like it may be a software issue.

Have you tried rebooting the individual ratgdo’s? Mine have been working pretty consistently since doing that. But you’re right, it sounds like something is getting messed up when MQQT goes offline, but at least a reboot seems to fix it (for me at least). Not ideal but seems to be a solution for when I do work on HASS which isn’t that often**

Yup reboot was the first thing. It still didn’t work. I think its getting hung up on a mqtt value. Happened again this morning. At least I can keep sending the command and it eventually kicks in.