Re-evaluate CCT with WLED and the HA WLED integration

Would like this too, I have a WS2805 RGB CCT ledstrip that WLED just added in the latest beta. But now i cannot use it in HA (only with calculated CCT channel)

1 Like

Yea. i’m stuck on .12 to get my colour temp stuff working, but it has a bug where it randomly just fades really slow and not smooth (almost flashes as it fades down)

I’ve just ran into this issue which I’m honestly really surprised by. I got some CCT strips since I’ve grown out of the RGB phase and would like something brighter. I assumed they would work just fine with HA since why not?
I’ve enabled Calculate CCT from RGB in the LED Preferences of WLED, but that makes the led strip basically unusable since selecting almost any color turns the strip off. Also this entity now doesn’t have temperature control, WTH? I know that is possible with HA since I have lights with temperature control.
I would love if this issue gets resolved!

2 Likes

I have a WS2805 RGB CCT ledstrip that WLED and I want to control m leds with color temperature. this issue continue over 2 years. I believe this must have in 2024

2 Likes

Another vote for this one, I’m testing a WS2805 strip and would say these will probably become quite popular as they combine RGB + WW + CW. All I really need from HA is to allow it to turn the strip on/off or select a preset, which works fine when I enable “Calculate CCT from RGB” to sync with HA then I can disable it and use the strip as normal. Problem is any time HA is restarted to install an update I need to go through the WLED resync process.

It’s one of those “almost there” parts of HA but as home automation goes I see lighting as being an important part. I can’t see myself going through this syncing process for long, especially if I want more WS2805’s. The main problem with the calculate CCT setting is (from what I’ve seen) it mixes the WW and CW channels so you can’t independently run each channel, bit of a shame if you want to run CW in the evening and WW at night for instance.

1 Like

Looks like this is fixed in HA 2024.8 according to the Beta notes.

Hi,
so it should also work for WLED Athom GU10 RGBCW bulbs?

I would imagine so.

Hi all,
I updated to version 2024.08.0, the Athom GU10 bulbs with wled 0.14.4 are detected;
you can adjust the CCT of the white but the color part does not work correctly:

• the color wheel does not display the state of the color that is set to wled

• increasing the White brightness (wled white channell) it also increases the Color brightness (wled value/brightness) so you cannot return to the only white CCT mode (wled only white channell) without having Color brightness

• Color icons based on state does not work, you only see the state of the CCT and not the colors

https://postimg.cc/CdG8fQwS
https://postimg.cc/BjgPwLXy

Hi, can you try with your Athom bulbs?

Thank you for putting this change in, while it looks like some have found issues I no longer have to switch “Calculate CCT from RGB” on via WLED, reload the HA integration and turn calculate off again every time I restart/update HA for every WLED CCT strip! I use presets for my setup to change colour settings and motion sensors on ESPHome devices to activate my strips through HA.

With WS2805 you have still just the color wheel. Its not possible tu use the cct LED in HA.