Re-Purpose Control4 Switches

Hi there,

I’m helping out a homeowner with a home remodel. Before they bought the house, the previous owner had Control4 installed, with installed scene controllers dotted around the house(these types).

When the house was sold, the previous owner took the Control4 controller with them. So I’m left wondering what to do with these switches. Can I repurpose these scene controllers with Home Assistant, or will these switches only work with the Control4 controller?

I heard Control4 uses Zigbee - so I’m wondering if I can keep these, hook them up to HA and have them trigger blinds and scenes etc.

Cheers!

Would love to know the answer to this as well. I made an expensive mistake and put in a Control4 switch (like the one posted about in this thread) and eight pucks controlling varies lights. I’ve since seen the light so to speak and have moved over to Home Assistant with a combination of Zwave/Zigbee/Shelly devices.

So I’d love to be able to take control of the Control4 devices using Home Assistant (via my Conbee Zwave controller) but don’t really want to risk breaking my c4 setup without some idea if there is a way to do it.

I would also love to know the answer to this question. I know so many people who made the mistake of spending a lot of money on a Control4 system and now regret it but are ‘locked in’ and dependant on dealers and the overall lack of flexibility of the platform. There must be an option that doesn’t involve ripping it all out and adding to the world’s electronic equipment pollution problem. The Control4 equipment I’ve pulled apart uses Ember chipsets and while it will likely require flashing new firmware, or perhaps not but unlikely, I feel it is certainly, technically possible. Considering how many Control4 ZigBee devices there are out there this might be worth the effort unless it runs foul of some legal issues. For anyone thinking about buying a Control4 system, don’t.