Reading energy with Modbus

I just want to read energy in my electric panel. I use now an Aeotec with clamps. I wanted to use a Qubino energy meter also on z-wave. Then I found on AE a Modbus energy meter

So my questions: is this a good alternative? All I need more is a server Modbus gateway like this?

That would be a cheaper solution, less than 40$, more reliable, and easier if I want to add another energy meter.

Is this correct or did I miss a point?

Hi Chris669, did you ever move forward on the topic?. I have a dds-238 -w connected to my solar panels output, the idea was initially to use wifi, but as this didn’t work well I got a Efin e11 rs485 to ethernet converter. This worked great for the solar controller ls1024, can read out all sorts of data.
With this experience shouldn’t be to difficult to get the same result with the Hiking unit.
Got my next E11 set it up same way as I did with the epever solar controller. Only problem is I get zero results from this unit. As far as what I found it seems you need to send something to the dds-238 before it sends back stuff. Haven’t worked out how to do this yet.

Hi, thanks for your answer. Finally I did what you initially wanted to do with WiFi ewelink solution. Of course the problem is the weak signal on the electric panel room but it’s ok.