Real basic help

Hi all,
I’m starting to feel really thick as I can’t get my head around even the most basic stuff.
I’ve a few TP-link HS100 switches, and all I want to start with is the ability to turn them on and off with buttons on a screen…
So far I’ve managed to get Hass.io running on my Pi, I’ve installed the configurator plug in, all pretty much as per the
I and tried to get the switches added by putting the following in configuration.yaml
switch:
_ - platform: tplink_
_ name: “11”_
_ host: 192.168.1.11_
_ name: “13”_
_ host: 192.168.1.13_
_ name: “14”_
_ host: 192.168.1.14_
_ name: “21”_
_ host: 192.168.1.21_

Now I’m completely stuck. Should there be a button created for these automatically or do I need to make a screen with buttons on myself?

Thanks, Matt

How to format your code (edit your post and re-paste it):

This is important so we can see the indentation you have used.

Have you saved the file and restarted the home assistant server (on the configuration/general page)?

if not, press the check configuration button on that page first.

Hi Tom,
I’d done the check on the config so hopefully it was ok. I’d not restarted the server then, but just tried and no difference?

Here’s the code.
# Sensors
sensor:
# Weather prediction
- platform: yr

switch:
  - platform: tplink
    name: "11"
    host: 192.168.1.11
    name: "13"
    host: 192.168.1.13
    name: "14"
    host: 192.168.1.14
    name: "21"
    host: 192.168.1.21

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google

If it has worked you should see in your list of entities switch.11, switch.12 etc. This is what you use to add to the front end as a button.

Success, my error. I’d not re-started the home assistant server, I’d only been restarting the configurator.

Thanks all.