Real-Time Sports Scores w/ TeamTracker and TeamTracker-Card (Beta)

Sorry that this 61 yr old youngin that owns three software companies offended you for suggesting an enhancement.

We’ll handle it differently but simply.

Thanks for your invaluable advice.

Enhancement suggestions are always welcome. Portraying an obviously short-sighted solution as clearly better, not so much.

And unless you started out submitting punch cards, you’ll always be a young’un.

Thanks. I’ll see what I can track down. Appreciate the start.

Yes. A good solution was posted in the other thread using Home Assistant group which is perfect for this. Easier to manage for all.

And yes, 500,000 lines of code in Fortran for designing/monitoring nuclear reactor components … all in punch cards Vax 8800s, Cyber205 and (thank God) Cray XMP and the YMP. I cut my teeth, sorted cards many times.

Good morning, is there any way to follow the women’s teams in Europe and Portugal? where could i find such an API to create the sensor?

Glad to hear you found a good solution. And I guess we’re proof you can teach old dogs new tricks.

For soccer? You will need to create a Custom API Configuration.

Go to the ESPN page here Soccer Scores and then select the league you want from the Soccer Scores drop down and then look at the URL to determine what your league_path should be.

Great work on this one. I really enjoy the integration, but having issues keeping it working. I have it set up to track only one team: STL. Yesterday it showed the info for today’s upcoming game against the Blue Jays. However, sometime overnight it stopped showing that game and now just says no games through 4/3. I have tried restarting and reloading the integration, but no luck. Any thoughts on how I can troubleshoot or fix this?

Here’s how the card is configured

type: custom:teamtracker-card
entity: sensor.team_tracker
outline: true
outline_color: null
show_timeouts: false
show_rank: true

Check your sensor in the states section in the developer menu. I track the Cardinals and I am showing their game today.

- type: 'custom:teamtracker-card'
        entity: sensor.st_louis_cardinals
        home_side: right
        outline: true
        outline_color: white

Weird. Mine does not show the game.

It’s back after a reboot.

The sensor only returns the games for a single day for baseball. This is because when it stretched across multiple days, it routinely exceeded the ESPN default limit of returning 25 games per call due to the number of games each week.

Because of this, it returns yesterday’s games until around noon EST and then it switches and starts returning today’s games.

The error message incorrectly states there are no games scheduled for much farther out because all of the other sports return games up to a week out. I will try to correct the error message in a future release.

That makes since. In this case, there was a game on the 30th, but the integration was showing no upcoming games. After the reboot, it started showing.

This works perfectly for the Bundesliga and Champions League! Unfortunately I have not found a way to create a team tracker for the German DFB Pokal.

Does anyone know the configuration for German DFB Pokal?

this should work in your configuration.yaml

- platform: teamtracker
    league_id: XXX
    league_path: "ger.dfb_pokal"
    team_id: "*"
    sport_path: "soccer"
    name: "DFB Pokal"
2 Likes

Hello all,

I am trying to add the integration.
Through HACS I was able to install the TeamTracker Card and the NFL Card.
Unfortunately, through the integration it does not show me these, so I can not set them up.

Anyone have any idea?
My HA is completely up to date. Does this have anything to do with it?

Did you actually install the Integration or just the card…you need both.
Also need to reboot after installing the Integration for it to be available in HA.

Unfortunately I could only install the cards, I can not find the integration. It is not displayed to me in the selection.

Have restarted several times since then. Unfortunately without success!

Have you maybe filtered out the Integrations when searching/installing (based on your screenshot) :thinking:

In HACS, you have to install both the Team Tracker Card (which it looks like you did) and also the Team Tracker integration (which it looks like you did not).

You have to go into HACS, select Intergrationen, and then search and install the Team Tracker integration too.

Once you do that, you should be able to install it as you were trying to do originally.